Shaymien #5

The song used in this shot is "Mr. Melancholy" by Anthony Amorim. You should totally check it out!! He is such an amazing artist. –Topphat🎩💛

Shayne

I smiled as I looked at the poster. A talent show was happening at our school. I knew exactly what I wanted to do for it. If I had the balls to actually perform. There were auditions after school tomorrow just to make sure you could actually showcase something. I turned to my boyfriend Damien. "You wanna do the talent show?" He asked. "Yeah. I just—I've wanted to the past two years. I have something really pushing me to do it this time." I say. He smiled at me.

"Really? What?" He asked. "You babe." I saw the way he tensed slightly. He wasn't used to the whole dating thing yet. He had been through a rough time. A rough past few relationships. Nasty ones. I don't blame him for how he acts now. I get it. I wish I could help, but I knew that there wasn't much I could do beyond reassurance.

"You'll be there in the audience." I tell him. He smiles at that. "If you make the cut I'll be there fromt and center." He tells me. I nod smiling back.

I made t through auditions them telling me I would be the 4th act. I rushed out of the auditorium dialing Damien and cheering when he answered. "I look forward to seeing you front and center at the talent show!" I say. He laughs. "I expect you to put on a hell of a show. If there aren't fireworks and a choreographed dance included I'm booing you." He told me. I laughed at that. "I—ll see you at school tomorrow." I say I corrected myself.

"I will too." He said. We hung up and I let out a breath. I almost slipped up and said the L word. He would run away for sure if I said that. I do feel that way. He just isn't ready for that yet. I want him to here the song I wrote for him.

I wore one of my button ups and a pair of dark jeans. I felt jittery as I looked out from the curtains. It was a full house of course. I couldn't believe I'd really sing this infront of everyone here. I felt someone touch my shoulder. "You're on in just a few seconds." Someone told me. I nodded grabbing my guitar. The crew set out a stool and microphone for me. "This is Shayne Topp, with an original song!" The lead teacher said. I let out a breath as I walked on to the sound of clapping.

I looked forward seeing Damien in the front row where he promised. Our group of friends had there spots beside him and behind him. I sat on the stool adjusting the microphone and clearing my throat slightly. "Um, this is a song I wrote for a very special someone in the audience. I really hope you guys enjoy it." I said nervously. I began strumming the guitar.

I know a boy
He's sad as can be
He hates showing affection
But he likes it from me
We've got a great connection
Not to mention his complexion
And I call him Mr. Melancholy

I know a boy
He's afraid of love
But when he pulls me closer
Then thats more than enough
To show me how he's feeling
Cause his kiss is so revealing
But he hates all of that sensitive stuff

I looked at Damien who was looking up at me in awe. Our friends were smiling wide at him or me.

I don't know exactly
what it is about him
He could cry all day
I'd still wanna stay
Cause I know that I
Don't wanna be without him
All his gloomy skies
Wanna make 'em mine

Oh woah
He flinches when I call him darling
Oh woah
So I call him Mr. Melancholy

I looked at Damien again and he was covering his mouth with tears welling up. I could see a small smile beneath his hand

I know a boy
He's cool as they come
But if I tell him that I love him
I'm afraid that he'll run
Cause love is an expression
That he hasn't quite collected
But thats what makes it all kinda fun

And I know a boy
I like him a lot
Cause when I feel like shit
He lets me know that I'm not
When I have some problems
He is there to help me solve 'em
Even though he knows how many I've got

He was crying now. Tears were streaming down as he uncovered his mouth showing a wide smile.

I don't know exactly
What it is about him
He could cry all day
I'd still wanna stay
Cause I know that I
Don't wanna be without him
All his gloomy skies
Wanna make 'em mine

Oh woah
He flinches when I call him darling
Oh woah
So I call him Mr. Melancholy

I know a boy
I want him to stay
Cause with his gloomy skies
I've never had brighter days
I know it sounds insane
But when I'm dancing
In his rain I swear there's
not a single thing I would change

I looked at Damien again who Courtney and Mari were both grabbing his shoulders. They were both crying too.

I don't know exactly
What it is about him
He could cry all day
I'd still wanna stay
Cause I know that I
Don't wanna be without him
All his gloomy skies
Wanna make 'em mine

Oh woah
He flinches when I call him darling
Oh woah
So I call him Mr. Melancholy

I stopped playing and moved from the microphone. The applause flooded in many people going as far as to stand. Damien was one of them. I saw how happy and emotional he looked. I smiled at him mouthing 'I love you' to him. He smiled and surprisingly enough mouthed it back.

When the show ended he ran back stage and pulled me into a giant hug. "You wrote that for me?" He asked. I smiled nodding. He pressed a shy kiss to my cheek. "I've always been scared that because of my antics you'd leave me. That song, it was beautiful." He whispered. "I'd never do that. I wanna stay with you. I....love you." I hesitated slightly. We had mouthed it too each other earlier. And my song said it. There was an awkward pause. "I love you too, Shayne." I saw his small blushing smile. Damien is perfect.

I really like song fics and I think the only thing I like more than that is soulmate Aus, but I feel like if you do too many in one go they get over used so I don't do them very often.

You guys should check out my story "Pause." And its sequel that is out now and being updated daily "Resume"
(Both are Shaymien stories)
(Resume has like 6 chapters out currently, but is updated everyday)