Woze #3

Boze

I walked to my locker grabbing one of my journals and a bag of chips before closing it. I looked to my left to realize I wasn't alone. Wes Johnson stood there with a smile on his face. I smiled back slightly alittle confused. He was kinda popular and we've talked maybe twice. I didn't know why he'd be at my locker.

"Hey Ericka." He said. I cringed slightly at him calling my by my first name. "Boze." I corrected. "Yeah sorry." He said awkwardly. "Whats up?" I asked pushing up my glasses. "I wanted to know if you'd like to go out with me." He said nervously. I blushed slightly.

"Are messing with me?" I asked feeling self conscious. Me and Wes? Me....and Wes. He'd never actually like me. He had to have been put up to this or dared to ask me out. But at the same time I know he's nice and wouldn't mess with me. But popularity trumps niceness most of the time. "What? No! I want to go out with you." He repeated.

"Wesley Johnson." I looked at him seriously. "I want you to look me dead in my eyes and tell me you aren't lying, you aren't doing this on a dare, you aren't playing with me, and you genuinely want to get to know me." I said in a slow and clear tone. "Ericka Bozeman, I am not lying, playing with you, doing this on a dare, and I genuinely want to get to know you." He looked me in the eyes as he spoke. "Will you go out with me?" He asked again.

I smiled. "Ok." He looked relieved. "I was so nervous you were going to say no." He took a deep breath out. "Are you cool for coffee on Saturday maybe?" He asked me. "Oh actually I think I have something that day." I looked at him with a sad smile. "Oh um...." "I'm just messing with you." I laughed. "I have no life I'm pretty much free every day." I told him. He laughed and smiled.

"I'll see you there at 10 then." He smiled and waved goodbye. I waved back and waited a few seconds before he was a good distance away to start walking. I couldn't believe that Wesley Johnson just asked me out. I pinched myself a few times making sure I wasn't just dreaming.

Saturday

I woke up at 8:30 getting up and ready for our date. I put on my Black Sabbath shirt and jeans before putting on some makeup and my beanie. I headed out of the door and drove to the small coffee shop across the street from the school. I arrived a few minutes early so I went ahead and went inside and got a seat for us.

It 10 after we agreed to meet and I started to think maybe he stood me up when I saw him walk through the door. He came and sat down smiling. "Im so sorry I'm late I woke up like 20 minutes ago. Its been a rough morning." He explained. "Its fine. I was scared for a good minute that you stood me up." I told him.

"I'd never." He shook his head. "You look really pretty." He complimented me. I blushed slightly looking down to my feet. "Umm thank you." I said awkwardly. I pushed up my glasses and we ordered.

We spent a half hour in the coffee shop talking about almost anything that came to mind. After the coffee shop we went and walked around the park for alittle while continuing to talk. I was panicking in my head when he grabbed my hand but I didn't take my hand away. I was actually really happy. I was glad that we hit it off so well.

We went back to coffee shop about to part ways. "I had an amazing time today." He smiled. God does he have to be so perfect. "I did to. Maybe we could do this again sometime." I said looking down at my feet again embarrassed. "I'd like that alot. Maybe next Saturday we can." He said. I nodded. "I'll see you on monday at school." I said before waving and walking off.

Next Saturday

I got dressed again putting on my glasses and alittle bit of makeup heading to the coffee shop again. Wes took the time out of his school day almost being late a few times to walk me to class. I was scared of what people would think but no one, not even my friends, asked anything about it.

I got in my car and drive to coffee shop showing up two minutes early. I saw Wes' car and texted lettig him know I'm here and then got out walking to his car. He got out smiling. "Hey." He said reaching out to grab my hand. I placed my hand in his and we walked in. We got a table and started talking more. After coffee we went to the park again and then we went to this small bakery he likes.

We went back to our cars and said goodbye to eachother. I walked to my car before he called my name. I turned seeing him running towards me. "I....can.....Can I kiss you?" He asked me. I smiled widely nodding. He lent in connecting our lips. It was a small short kiss and then we left. I sat in my car for a few seconds fangirling. I couldn't believe my first kiss was Wesley Johnson. I took a deep breath smiling widely before driving home.

Its been awhile how are my people?