~ Soulmates ~

On your 16th birthday you get your soulmate's name written on your wrist. If you already know them, the ink will be blue. If you're yet to meet them, the ink will be black. When you first come into contact with them or first meet them, you will feel a sting on your wrist. But be careful, you only have one chance. You can only feel the sting once..

----------------------------------------------

Simon's P.O.V
Tomorrow was my 16th birthday and I wasn't excited. Why do we need to have this shitty soulmate rule? It's pathetic! Like, you should be allowed to fall in love with whoever you like, not have to go by a name on your wrist! I just think it's the worst thing ever, I hate it! (A/N my thoughts on anxiety.. Yes I have anxiety but shhhh)

Looking over at my alarm clock on my bedside table, I noticed that it was 8am. Shit! I'm gunna be late for school! To be honest, I really wasn't excited for school. I get bullied by this kid named Josh. He has dark brown hair that sweeps to the side and a little bit of stubble coming through. His eyes are a gorgeous chocolate brown colour that you could easily get lost in. There was only one word to describe him... beautiful.

Something weird was going on though, ever since his sixteenth birthday that was two days ago, he's been staying away from me. Not punching me, not kicking me, not pushing me up again some random kid's locker, anything! I definitely don't miss it, but I know that something's bothering him. Even though he's been bullying me for most of my life, I still want to know if he's okay, I still care. That was the bad thing about me, I care for everyone even when I shouldn't. Even if a serial killer got stabbed or something I would still see if they were okay and help them!

Hesitantly, I pushed myself out of bed and began getting ready for school. I grabbed my phone and began texting JJ.

Moné: Omw out now. Woke up late. Sorry to keep you waiting

Jide: It's fine but hurry the fuck up. I look like a weirdo just standing outside your house. Plus it's cold.

Moné: Alright, alright keep your tits on! Jfc

Jide: Whatever. See you in a minute, dickhead.

Laughing at the text, I slung my backpack over my shoulder (A/N HE'S GOT A LEATHER JACKET AND IT'S ROUND MY SHOULDER! Sorry not sorry. Dumb lit song tho) and walked out the door to be greeted with a light slap in the arm by Jide.

"Oi Jide why?!" I exclaimed, a light chuckle passing my lips.

"Because you left me standing here in the freezing cold you dickhead!" He replied.

"Well you could've gone without me.."

"Nahh it's fine. Anyway, you excited for tomorrow?" JJ asked as we began walking to school.

"Not at all. I hate this stupid soulmate idea! Hey, do you think Josh is okay?" I asked, trying to change the subject. JJ was the only one who knew about Josh bullying me. Sure people would crowd around us when he made a scene, but JJ was the only person I've actually told. I'm pretty sure the whole school knows about his passionate hatred towards me.

"Josh is your bully, Simon, and you want to know if he's okay?!"

"Well, yea. Just because he's my bully doesn't mean I don't care. Besides, ever since his sixteenth birthday, he's not even approached me. Something's up with him, and I want to know what."

"You're such a softie, Minter."

"Oi bruv allow it!"

The rest of the walk to school consisted of light-hearted banter and me ranting about how I wasn't excited for tomorrow and how I hated the soulmate rule.