~ Platonic ~

In which it's only platonic.

----------------------------------------------

Simon's P.O.V
You could say that me and Josh had a very... cuddly relationship. But it doesn't mean anything! Not to us anyway. I think it annoys the guys quite a bit though. Whenever watching movies, Josh and I would cuddle up on the sofa, holding hands. Ever since Josh and Freya broke up, Josh needed comforting. I guess I was just the only person who was there for him.

Lately, we had been spending more time together. It got to the point where we would cuddle before recording and before going to sleep. There've been times where Josh would wake up in my bed or vice versa. Even though we both know that it's only platonic, I've began to form feelings for Josh and it doesn't help that he's been more clingy recently.

"Simon?" Josh spoke, knocking at my door.

"Yes Joshy?" I replied (yes we give each other nicknames sometimes shush).

"The guys are here and we're gunna watch a movie."

"Okay. Lemme just finish off editing this video and I'll be right down."

"Simonnnnnn" Josh whines.

"What Joshyyy?" I answered, in the same tone.

"You've been editing for so long now! Please come down!! I want a hug."

"Fine, Joshy. You know I can't say no to you."

I saved what I had done with my editing and walked over to my doorway where Josh was still standing. He instantly clung onto me, his arms around my neck and legs around my waist whilst I was holding his bum (A/N Why do I find the word bum so funny but adorable at the same time smh) to support him.

"Freya's been sending me texts again.." He whispered in my ear.

"What's she been saying Joshy?" I whispered back.

"S-she was saying how she misses me.. H-how she still loves me.. B-but I can't take her back Simon! I can't! Not after she cheated on me.. How can she love me if she did that?"

"I don't know.. I still love you though Joshy!" I said, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Thanks Si.. You always know how to cheer me up."

"It's my job! Now come on, get off me. We need to go downstairs to watch the movie!"

"Can you carry meeee?? Pleaseeee!"

"But Joshhhhh! What if I drop you?"

"Ugh fine."

"I'll give you extra cuddles when watching the film. I promise."

I grabbed Josh's hand and interlocked our fingers as he dragged me downstairs. We were greeted by the other 5 sidemen staring out our hands. I clapped really loudly to bring them out of their trance and it luckily worked. Josh just ignored everyone and dragged me into the living room, the guys following.

"So, what film we watching?" Josh asked.

"I wanna watch a horror film!" Harry shouted.

Immediately Josh shuddered. He hated horror films with a passion.

"It's okay Joshy, I'm here. Remember the extra cuddles." I whispered in his ear, hoping to comfort him. Thankfully it worked as his body became less tense.

~ Time skip to middle of the film ~

It was getting to the most scary part of the film and Josh was petrified. His face was literally buried in my shoulder.

"I-I really d-don't like it S-Simon.." Josh whimpered in my ear.

"It's okay, Joshy. You're safe. I'm here. You're safe." I replied, combing my fingers through his hair.

"Awww!" Vik cooed, looking over at us.

"Shut up Vik!" I exclaimed as Josh removed his head from my shoulder to see the commotion.

"Seriously though, when are you guys gunna make it official? You both act like a couple and are really cute together. So, when's it gunna happen? Unless you're hiding something from us..." Ethan butted in.

"It's only platonic guys!" Josh shouted to all of them.

Was it really, though...

Word count: 646

I like how this took me so long to write yet it's still shit. Also, thank you so much for 100 reads on this book! <3