~ Chasing Cars ~

In which Josh confesses his love to Simon.

Based off of the song Chasing Cars by Sleeping At Last

----------------------------------------------

We'll do it all,
Everything,
On our own...

Josh stood outside Simon's bedroom, reminiscing on old memories with the blonde haired, blue eyed boy. Today was the day he was going to tell Simon about his feelings for him, and Josh was terrified.

We don't need,
Anything,
Or anyone...

Josh wanted to run away with Simon. Like one of them cheesy, cliché romance movies. He wanted to run off into the sunset, hand in hand with Simon. He believed that life with the blue-eyed beauty would be perfect.

If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Josh leant his back against Simon's door, thinking about lying down with him every night, watching movies on Netflix and falling asleep in each other's arms. He couldn't help the smile that formed on his face. Suddenly Josh felt a wave of nerves wash over him, he couldn't tell Simon his feelings. He'd definitely be rejected. As he began to walk away, the door opened..

"Josh?"

I don't quite know,
How to say,
How I feel...

"Oh uh.. Hey Simon, I-I was just leaving.." Josh spoke, worry laced in his voice.

"No, don't leave. You clearly came up here to talk to me, what do you need?" Simon asked, concern written all over his face.

"D-don't worry about it Simon.."

"Just tell me Josh, please, come in.."

Those three words,
Are said too much,
They're not enough...

Josh cautiously walked into the room. He couldn't fucking do this. Without warning, a tear slipped down his cheek, and before Josh could wipe it away, it was noticed by the blonde standing in front of him.

"J-Josh.. What's wrong?" Simon questioned, pulling the brunette into a tight, needed hug.

"I-I need to tell you something. And please don't say anything until I've finished. I'm sorry if you hate me after this, it's just been killing me inside. What I really want to say is...

I love you, Simon Minter..."

If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

"I want to lie in bed with you, watching cheesy romance movies as we glance at each other whenever something cute happens, wanting to recreate that scene ourselves. I want to fall asleep with you, cuddled up in your arms.."

Forget what we're told,
Before we get too old,
Show me a garden,
That's bursting into life...

"I want to walk through the park with you at night. We skip along, hand in hand as the street lights illuminate the path.."

Let's waste time,
Chasing cars,
Around our head..

"I love you, Simon, I really fucking do.."

And as Josh finished his speech, a look of shock was washed across Simon's face. As Josh's heart slowly began to break at his expression, a small smile appears on his soft, kissable lips.

"Joshua Bradley, how could anyone not fall in love with a doofus like you?" Simon chuckled.

And as Simon pulled the bearded man into a long-awaited kiss, Josh felt on top of the world in that moment..

Word Count: 546
I'm really fucking proud of this oneshot like oof. Also, I recommend you listen to this song because I actually love it so much.

Hope you enjoyed! <3