~ Couple Of Kids ~

In which Josh and Simon slowly fall more and more in love with each other

Based off of the song 'Couple Of Kids' by Maggie Lindemann

——————————————————

Take me back to the
night we met in the yard,
Climbing up to the roof,
Hidden in the dark

As Josh and Simon visited the local park, they both reminisced on the night they met. They were at a mutual friend's house part and hit it off immediately. They just wanted to talk all night, so they went onto the roof, knowing it was the quietest place to go.

With a bottle of wine for two,
Though I'm already
drunk off you

They managed to smuggle a couple of bottles of wine up with them, deciding to get absolutely wasted. Neither of the two wanted to admit it, but they were already starting to fall for each other.

We're young and naive,
And you're tellin' me,
That someday we'll run
off together

Ever since that party, Josh and Simon were attached. They talked everyday and met up at least three times a week. Both young men were falling, and they couldn't hang onto the edge any longer.

One day, however, Simon was feeling confident. He felt a flicker of hope that Josh liked him back and wanted to take a chance. Therefore, as Josh was telling one of his stupid jokes again, Simon cut him off by sealing his lips with the brunette. They both felt as if they were on cloud nine, and frankly, it was the best feeling in the world.

I'm startin' to think,
I'm stuck in a dream,
Cause we're young and we
don't know better

Ever since that day, their friendship was never the same. They both became more comfortable with each other, knowing that their feelings were mutual. They became more reckless, not caring what they were doing and what the consequences would be. Then again, nothing could get in the way of love, if you could've called it love at that stage.

Now I'm fallin' heavily, recklessly,
Trying not to lose my sensibility,
But gravity,
It pulls me into you

Back to the present, the duo knew they were in love. Currently, they were running around the park, drinking multiple bottles of vodka as Josh pushed Simon around in a random shopping trolley. Truthfully, they didn't want to grow up, they wanted to stay like this forever.

We're just a couple of kids,

"Joshy stop it! I'm dizzy! I want to get out now!" Simon squealed with a chuckle.

"Okay baby, I'll get you out now." Josh told him, lifting his blonde boyfriend out of the trolley he was currently sitting in.

"Thank you Joshy." Simon said cutely, wrapping his arms around his secret lover

Sneakin' out late for a kiss

Josh slowly placed his lips on top of his boyfriend. It started off soft and gentle, gradually becoming more heated and passionate. Simon swiped his tongue along the elder's bottom lip, entrance being granted. Their tongues overlapped each other's as the fought for dominance, the brunette obviously winning. Out of breath, the two pulled away. If only they were able to be affectionate in front of their friends, it'd be a dream come true, but they had each other, and that's all that mattered.

"I love you.." the two said in sync

Cause we're just a couple of kids..

Word count: 570
Wasn't my best oneshot but I think this song is cute and I thought it'd make a good oneshot :)

Hope you enjoyed! <3