Werewolf

Today was my sixteenth birthday and I couldn’t have been more thrilled. I’m not a normal sixteen year old, though. I’m a princess of a kingdom called, “Cadellan,” which is located on the west coast of Europe. My mother and father are the King and Queen and I’m their only child. Most people in our kingdom are excited about my birthday and we are having a beautiful party for me.

            Being sixteen sure felt weird but I was getting that much closer to becoming Queen. I had just finished braiding my hair and putting it into a bun. Being the princess required me to dress up for everything, which I didn’t mind that much anymore. I stepped into the mirror and examined myself, seeing as it was already seven o’clock at night and guests would be coming in an hour.

            There wasn’t a piece of blonde hair out of place in my braided bun and my bright blue eyes twinkled at how I looked. Then there was my dress. It was a beautiful all white dress that looked more like a wedding dress but I didn’t care, I always loved the color white. The bottom of the dress was ruffled and rested on my hips perfectly. The top of the dress was a heart shaped neckline and a golden bow was tied around it, adding some color to the dress.

            You couldn’t see my heels but they were silver and matched perfectly with the dress. The only thing I hated about myself was the scar on the inside of my right arm. The scar went from my wrist to my elbow and I had gotten it because my soon to be husband did it. You must be thinking how crazy I am for marrying an abusive man but I don’t have a choice.

            It’s not for sure yet but my parents have been arranging a wedding for me and this guy, Matthew, since I was thirteen. They just didn’t know when this was going to happen. I couldn’t refuse because then I would be shunned from the family and kicked out of Cadellan, which I couldn’t let happen. I probably had a few more years until the marriage so I didn’t stress over it.

            “Isabella Montgomery, hurry up for goodness sakes! Guests are going to be arriving soon.” My mother called from the hallway.

            I quickly ran over the door and opened it to see my mother standing in the hallway, a stressed out look on her face. She was wearing a long purple dress. It wasn’t anything compared to mine, but then again she never wore anything too extravagant. Her blonde hair was resting on her shoulders and her green eyes stared into mine.

            “Are you ready yet, dear?” She asked, sighing.

            “Yes, Mother.” I smiled.

            She nodded and I knew to follow her. I followed her down several long hallways, decorated with painting and chandeliers. Living in a palace wasn’t as amazing as people made it to be. Even though I’ve lived here for sixteen years, I still manage to get lost in this huge of a place and every hallway looks the same.

            We reached the ballroom and I waited patiently, for people to start arriving. Within an hour, the whole room was filled with dancing people. I couldn’t help but smile at the scene. Even though I didn’t have any friends because I was homeschooled and my parents didn’t like me leaving the palace, I was still happy.

            Before I could comprehend what was happening, I was yanked into the hallway, where no one else was in. I looked to see Matthew smirking in front of me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Of course, he had to come and ruin things for me.

            “What do you want?” I spat.

            “Can’t I come say happy birthday to my girlfriend?” He smirked as he tried to wrap his arms around my waist, but I pushed him away.

            “I’m not your girlfriend.” I yelled.

            His eyes went from playful to full of rage. He pushed me against the wall, and I gasped in shock. A sharp pain filled my body from hitting the wall. Matthew leaned closer to me so that our lips were inches from touching.

            “Don’t ever yell at me, got it?” He snarled.

            I nodded, looking down at my feet away from him. He terrified me but I hated him to see me scared of him. He knew he was stronger than me and could easily hurt and overpower me. He let got of me and stormed out of the hallway. I sighed with relief when he was finally gone. How was I supposed to marry him? My parents had never seen this side of Matthew, and he swore to me that they never would see it.

            Hours went by until I was eleven o’clock and people started to leave because tomorrow my parents had a lot of work to do, so they made everyone leave early. The rest of the evening I had danced with some people, ate cake and opened my presents. I wasn’t sure how I was going to sleep because of all the energy I had from the party. I made my way to my bed room and stripped out of my dress. I put on sweats and a shirt, wanting to be in something comfortable.

            My back was sore for some reason and my body screamed for sleep. I suddenly got really tired and crashed onto my bed. It was eleven fifty before I finally was able to try and sleep. I laid there trying to fall asleep but my body wouldn’t let me. Every part of me started to hurt and shake. I glanced at the clock and it was midnight.

            Then I screamed in pain as my bones began to crack. What was happening! My screams got louder and louder as more pain filled my body. I fell off my bed and onto the floor. I dug my nails into the carpet, trying to stop the pain.

            “Help!” I screamed as loud as I could.

            My bedroom door flung open and my mother and father rushed in, worried looks plastered on their faces.

            “Isabella! What’s wrong?” My father asked, running and kneeling down next to me, holding my hand, trying to calm me down.

            “I don’t know.” I sobbed as the pain got worse.

            My bones started to crack again and sweat poured down my face. My heart began to race and then I noticed my arms were getting hairy. Then I was on four legs and a low growl escaped my mouth. What was happening to me? I glanced in the mirror and tried to scream. In the mirror was me as an all white….wolf!

            All I wanted to do was cry and scream. This had to be a dream. Maybe I just fell asleep and this was all some crazy dream. My body was throbbing and I didn’t want to be a wolf. My mother screamed as loud as she could and then fell to the ground, unconsciously. My father caught her before she hit the ground. His eyes never left mine, and were filled with fear and confusion.

            Then I tried to imagine myself as human and then that’s when I noticed that I was back to being a human, except I was naked. I would have been embarrassed having my father see me naked but I was in too my pain and confusion to even be embarrassed. I laid on the ground, crying out as my bones popped back into place. My skin was covered in sweat and tears.

            He looks like he is going to pass out. 

            I looked around for the female voice that just talked to me but the only person in the room was my father, who was stunned and speechless.

            “Who are you?” I asked in my mind.

            I’m your wolf, stupid.

            “My what?” I screamed in my head.

            Isabella Montgomery, you are a werewolf.

Hi everyone, so this is my first werewolf story and I am trying to out, since I got this idea. I hope you all enjoyed it. Let me know what you thought of the first chapter. Please comment and let me know what you thought of this and if I should continue it. Thanks!!! :)