Explain

Jace’s eyes turned from brown to black as soon as I spoke. He seemed like he was concentrating hard as his eyes turned back to brown. He took several deep breaths before he decided to speak.

            “You will not speak to me like that!” He yelled, causing me to flinch slightly.

            He grabbed onto my arm and before I had time to react, he yanked me into the house and Zack shut the door behind me. When he pulled at me, I stumbled and was about to fall when Jace grabbed me around the waist and pulled me close to him. Sparks seemed to fly when our bodies touched and I wasn’t sure why this was happening but I loved it. God, I wanted to kiss those beautiful pink lips of his. Wait, what was I saying? This guy just kidnapped me.

            I ripped myself away from him, and a flash of pain appeared on his face but he quickly hid that with anger. I scanned my surrounding but found nothing, most of the doors only led to more rooms. Why couldn’t things be easy for once? The place itself looked to be owned by a millionaire and had just about anything and everything you would ever need. Jace grabbed onto my wrist and I jumped at his touch. It felt like magic but I had to not fall for his trap.

            “Let go of me or else!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, also tugging my wrist from his hand. His grip tightened and I was only hurting myself now but I didn’t care.

            “Or else what?” He snarled.  

            “I’ll shift and run away myself.” I threatened, not sure if it was a good one or not.

            Jace started to chuckle and I frowned. I had noticed that Zack walked away, also laughing at my threat. This wasn’t supposed to happen. They weren’t supposed to freaking laugh at me. I felt the blood run to my cheek in embarrassment.

            “You’re funny, love. I’m one of the world’s most powerful Alpha and you want to outrun and escape me? Not going to happen.” He said, smirking.

            “What is an Alpha?” I asked, getting frustrated by not knowing what he was talking about. Was it a stronger werewolf or something? He stared at me like a I was stupid. He sighed and shook his head slowly.

            “Don’t play stupid with me, I’m not an idiot.” He said calmly.

            “I’m not playing. I don’t know what it is.” I admitted, using my serious voice.

            “Come on, follow me.” He sighed as he turned and headed for upstairs. I considered making a run for it but then again, I wanted answers and I needed to gain Jace’s trust in order to escape. I slowly trailed behind him, walking up the beautiful carpeted stairs. We reached the second floor when he spoke again.

            “This is where all the guest bedrooms are and where other werewolves from the pack stay when they feel like it.” He said, seeming tired and agitated.

            There was another set of stairs and I followed him up them. Once on the third floor I was confused when I only saw five doors instead of twenty that I saw on the second floor. He must have saw my confusion because he said, “This floor is only for the Alpha, Beta, and other higher rank werewolves. And this is our room.”

            He pointed to the farthest door at the end of the hall but I was snapped out of my thoughts when I realized what he said. He said, “our bedroom.” My eyes widened as I waited for him to laugh or to tell me he was joking, but it never came.

            “Our room?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

            “Yes, what don’t you understand about that?” He asked.