Epilogue

It’s been two days since Jace and I got married. Now, I know what you’re thinking, no we didn’t fully mate yet. We decided to wait since we were both still young and that we didn’t want to rush into it since the wedding was already a huge step in our relationship. I loved Jace, but I did want to wait and give us more time to grow as a couple before mating. Jace told me that when an Alpha and Luna mate, then the chances of her getting pregnant are almost one hundred percent because the Alpha needs an heir to take over if he dies or something.

            It reminded me of how King and Queen works. I wasn’t ready to be a teen mom. I would try and wait a year or two, before I would want kids with Jace. I knew he’d be a great dad, but would I be a great mom? I was too young to get pregnant, and Jace understood. He told me that we could do it when I was ready. That was easy for him to say. He wasn’t a virgin and had sex way more than me. I was a bit embarrassed and scared of the idea.

            After a sad goodbye yesterday, my mother left America, leaving to rule Cadellan by herself. I felt guilty but I knew being Queen wouldn’t be an option for me. I would just remain the princess of Cadellan. I would go visit her, not completely shutting her out of my life, but it wouldn’t be as frequent as she hoped for. I knew she would have some help ruling though, ever loved her and was helping her move on from my father’s death.

            His funeral happened a week before my wedding and I remembered how heartbroken I was as I stared at my father’s dead, body lying in that casket. Jace held my hand the entire time, refusing to let me go. I cried so much that I was shocked I didn’t run out of tears. Even though we didn’t always get alone, I still loved him because he was my father. I remembered when I was little, he taught me how to ride a bike and helped me become a great princess. He was a great dad, whether I always believed it or not.

            Dillon was still on the loose, we hadn’t heard anything from him and the guards hadn’t seen him around the boarder, so I guess that’s something positive. I was always terrified he would show up again and take me away from my husband and pack. The thought was keeping me awake for nights now.  

            Right now, Jace was out doing Alpha stuff, while Zack and I were watching a scary movie. I was burying my face into his chest, closing my eyes tightly and covering my ears with my hands. I hated scary movies, yet Zack insisted that I watch it. Zack and I fought over the remote for a good half and hour before I gave up and let him put in his stupid movie. You would think I would have rank over him and could make him do what I want, but that’s not how it went. I used my rank and told him as Luna I get to pick the movie and all he did was laugh at me, so I gave in to him.

            “Please, turn it off.” I yelled, hitting him on the arm.

            “Alright, you big baby.” Zack said, turning off the TV.

            I removed myself from Zack and glared at him for making me watch that movie. I crossed my arms and yelled at him. He simply laughed in response, making me hit him once again. Zack was like the older brother I never had and if he wasn’t around, I would be bored all day, when Jace was working.

            “I love you, thanks for turning it off.” I said in my innocent voice.