War

I woke up the next morning to find that I was alone. The bed was cold and I felt extremely lonely. This had to do with the mating process. I sat up, feeling a bit lightheaded. My head started to pound as I listened to my wolf go on and on about how happy she was that he finally marked us and that she couldn’t wait to be fully mated.

            My eyes widened when she thought that because I wasn’t ready to have sex yet. I was still a virgin and the idea, scared me. I knew Jace had sex before, it was obvious, so what if I wasn’t good enough for him? My wolf proceeded to tell me I was crazy and that he loved us.

            I got up from the bed, and walked into the bathroom. I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and gasped. My face was flushed and a bit pink and my hair was a ratted mess. This was going to take forever to brush out. What caught my eye the most was the mate on my neck. It was obviously a bite mark but it was turning into the shape of a crescent moon. I wondered why it wasn’t a full moon, like most would expect since we’re werewolves and isn’t the full moon supposed to make us stronger or something. I frowned at the redness around it though.
            “Don’t worry, it’s heal up and turn brown in a week or so.” Jace’s voice said behind me from the door, causing me to jump.
            “Don’t scare me like that!” I yelled at him, my heart racing.

            “You know for someone who supposedly has werewolf hearing, you really are easy to sneak up on.” Jace smirked, walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

            “I just wasn’t paying attention.” I protested, pulling away from him but he wouldn’t let me.
            “Sure, we’ll go with that.” Jace laughed, causing me to slap him in the arm.
            “Now, I have a pack meeting to go to about this war, but I wanted to give you something before I go. Now close your eyes.” He instructed.
            I did as he said and listened as he dug in his pocket and then I jumped when I felt something cold wrap around my neck and Jace’s hand, occasionally brushing up against the back of my neck. He told me to open my eyes and when I did, I saw a silver chained necklace around my neck. It had a black wolf on the end and a crescent moon above.
            “Oh my God, I love it!” I exclaimed, turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck.
            “That’s not everything, look.” He said as he pulled the same neck out of his shirt that was attached around his neck. Instead of his wolf being black, it was white.
            “I figured since you’re a white wolf and I’m a black wolf, this would be appropriate. Now, we will always have each other.” Jace smiled. 

            I could not wipe the smile off my face to save my life. My heart was melting at this gift. And to think he couldn’t get any better. There was many things I wanted to say t him, but words just didn’t form. I stared at the necklace like it could disappear at any moment. I loved it, I loved him.
            “I think this beats the incinerated flowers.” Jace joked.

            Tears filled my eyes as I laughed; this was the sweetest thing ever. I would never take this necklace off. Jace noticed the tears and immediately, frowned and hugged me, asking me what was wrong.
            “Nothing, it’s just this is the sweetest thing ever. I love you Jace Adair.” I smiled.
            He sighed with relief and hugged me, kissing me on the forehead as we hugged. I could seriously stay in his arms all day but I remembered that he had a pack meeting to go to. We said out goodbyes and I watched as my wonderful mate left the room, leaving me alone. What was I going to do now? Within seconds of leaving, Alia walked in the room, smiling at me.
            “So when were you coming to tell me that he marked you!” Alia exclaimed.