Married

This has been the longest three weeks of my life. I had been waiting for this day ever since Jace proposed to me. Today Jace and I were finally getting married. You would think that I would be traumatized to get married because of Dillon but I couldn’t be any more happier knowing that it would be Jace at the end of the alter. Sure, I had the normal, butterflies in my stomach but that was because I was getting married at sixteen. Anyone would be a tad bit nervous.

            My mother had arrived a few days ago, saying that she left one of her closest friends in charge of the kingdom while she was gone. She kept begging for Jace and I to move to Cadellan and become King and Queen once we were married, but I told her we couldn’t leave the pack. I loved America and being normal than Cadellan and being a Queen. The thought of going back to the place where Dillon forced me to marry him and where my father was murdered at terrified me. I loved my mom to death, but I just couldn’t go back there.

            I was in Jace and mine’s room, waiting for Alia and my mother to come help me get ready. Jace said he didn’t want to see me because it would be bad luck and after everything that’s happened, we didn’t need any bad luck. I couldn’t agree more. My mother had brought a custom dress that she had made in Cadellan and promised that I would love it. I worried that it would be like Dillon’s dress, but I knew my mother wouldn’t do such a thing.

            The wedding was going to take place in the backyard of the pack house. It was fenced in yard, which was large enough to put two more houses if needed. Everything was set up and done by the women of the pack along with my mother. I wasn’t allowed to see any of it because my mother wanted it to be a surprise when I walked down the aisle. I jumped when there was a loud knock on my door. I opened it up to see my mother and Alia standing in the doorway, smiling brightly at me.

            “Let get to work, we only have a couple hours.” My mom exclaimed.

            For the next hour or so, Alia did my makeup, while my mom did my hair. I told her that I wanted it down, but she wouldn’t listen to me. I sighed, letting her do what she wanted. I was just nervous about the wedding that I didn’t want to protest. I wasn’t having second thoughts, I was just scared. I wasn’t even sure what she was going with my hair now. My hair was hot as it touched my neck, so I assumed that she was curling or crimping my hair.

            Once they were done, I walked into the bathroom and gasped. My mother actually listened and let my hair hang down, but it was also curled halfway, giving it a beautiful, wavy look to it. My makeup was simple, yet beautiful. The makeup Alia used made my eyes pop out and my skin looked flawless. I smiled, wanting to cry at how beautiful I was, but if I did, then my makeup would mess up.

            Alia led me out into the bedroom and sat me on the bed, while my mother went to my closet and pulled out a large, plastic bag that held my dress. I wondered what it looked like. Would it be a ball gown like I always dreamed of? I closed my eyes as she unzipped the bag and pulled the dress out. With my eyes still closed, like my mother insisted, I stripped out of my clothes and felt as my mother helped me into the dress. By the weight of it, I knew it had to be a ball gown.

            “Open your eyes, Sweetie.” My mom squealed.

            My eyes slowly opened and I gawked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a huge ball gown dress, which had a sweetheart neckline, and gems covering the top of it. There were little ruffles throughout the skirt of the dress that was a beautiful lace. My eyes filled with tears as I looked at how amazing I looked in the dress. It was like it was made for me. If I didn’t want to wear shoes, I didn’t because the dress covered my feet. Though, my mother handed me a pair of silver flats, just so I wouldn’t be walking around barefoot.