Princess

We reached the pack house and I was dreading whatever was going to come. It was already late and I wasn’t in the mood for this. Once we were done talking tonight, I was going to reject him, whether he liked it or not. I was sick and tired of being held here against my will. There was nothing he could say to make me change my mind. We walked upstairs and into his bedroom. He sat down on the bed and gestured for me to join him but I refused. He sighed and shook his head.

            “I need to know everything about you and your family.” Jace said breaking the silence. I would tell him about everything except Matthew, Jace didn’t need to know about him. For all I knew, Matthew just gave up on me and stayed in Europe. Then again, Matthew was never the one to give in.

            “I lived in a kingdom called Cadellan, in Europe. My parents are the king and queen of the kingdom and I was in line for the throne. My sixteenth birthday was three days ago I believe, I couldn’t really keep track of them while I was here; I shifted for the first time. I always thought werewolves were myths until I became one. I swear to you I had no idea that I would shift. My parents witnessed it and my mother fainted and my father stared at me like I was some kind of monster.” I paused, holding back tears from the memories.

            “My parents weren’t werewolves and as far as I know no one in my family was one. My parents seemed clue about the situation because they were going to call a priest to come ‘cure’ me of being a werewolf. I knew that a priest probably couldn’t do anything and I would get sent to a torture asylum or be forced into a married arranged by my parents. I decided to run away, trying to find the answers I desperately needed. I ended up here and was traveling the woods when you found me.” I finished.

            “So there isn’t any way any relative knew about this?” He asked and I shook my head. 

            “It still doesn’t make sense, why would a spoiled little princess just leave her palace, where she would become queen? There’s something you’re not telling me.” He urged.

            “I’ve told you everything.” I lied, refusing to tell him about Matthew. If he knew, he would just bring up more of the past that I really didn’t want to get into at the moment. I didn’t want him knowing that Matthew was hunting me down and that’s why I wanted to keep moving and not stay here. Matthew was just a hard subject to talk about.

            “Bull, I can tell you’re lying to me. Come on, Princess, tell me what I need to know.” He protested, adding some sarcasm when he called me princess.

            “God, Matthew isn’t any of your business! Just leave me alone.” I shouted but as soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted them. I quickly covered my mouth, wishing I hadn’t just said that. I stood up and raced to the door, only to have the door shut by Jace as I was about to leave. I hated how fast and strong he was compared to me.

            “Who is Matthew?” Jace snarled, clearly getting angry by the lack of information I was telling him about Matthew.

            “He’s no one. Just some guy in my kingdom.” I muttered under my breath.

            “Bull shit, I’m the alpha of this pack and you will tell me what I want to know.” He demanded.

            I crossed my arms and simply said, “No.”

            “Excuse me? I will not be disrespected like this. You are to obey me and do as I say. Now tell me who Matthew is right now. What’s his last name?” He barked.