Explosion

My eyes opened and my body ached. I glanced around to see that I was covered in rubble. I groaned as I tried to move but was trapped. I could feel bits of concrete, jamming into my skin. Lying on top of me was Jace, who was still unconscious. My mind automatically went to the worst possible situation. I managed to move my arm and felt his neck for a pulse. My arms were covered in blood. I sighed when I felt a weak pulse on him.

            He was covered in blood too, but I noticed that the back of him was burned badly. I watched as skin practically peeled off of him. I let out a sob as stared at Jace, he jumped on top of me to save me. I could hear my wolf whimpering in my mind at our hurt mate. My body was numb now and I wasn’t sure what to do. I remembered that the cook was still in the back but I didn’t hear anything but falling walls and ceiling.

            “Help!” I screamed, hoping someone would hear and come save us.

            Parts of my skin were burned away and I could feel blood trickle down my forehead. I slowed my breathing down, knowing that if I panic that nothing good will happen. I whispered Jace’s a few times, but he was still knocked out. Who would try and blow us up? I didn’t think Matthew would do this because he needed me alive. Then I thought about all the enemies that Jace probably had.

            I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Jace move from on top of me. His head lifted up and I was staring into his big, brown eyes. Everything seemed better, knowing that Jace was awake with me and alive. I’m not sure what I would have done if he died.

            “Jace?” I whispered.

            “Izzy? Oh God, what happened?” He asked, his eyes looking around the destroyed building.

            “I don’t know, all I remember was dancing and then there was an explosion.” I replied, the taste of concrete dust in my mouth.

            “I mind linked Zack. He’s coming with help.” Jace spoke, but then I let out a scream as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he was gone once again.

             I desperately felt for a pulse and found a weak one. For all I knew, he could be dying. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to wake Jace up. Never had I felt so helpless. I knew for a fact that I was in love with Jace Adair and this happening just increased my love for him. What if I lost him after just getting to know him?

            I needed to stay positive right now. At least Zack was on his way and he would save us. Everything would be fine and Jace and I would go back to our normal activities tomorrow. There was a sharp pain in my arm when I tried to move it. The adrenaline must be wearing off because now every breath I took, pained me. I’m pretty sure my wrist was broke and it wouldn’t surprise me if I had a few broken ribs. Being a werewolf had it perks, since it was harder to die and we could heal quicker.

            As time passed, it got harder and harder to breathe. Everything was fuzzy and everything would occasionally go black. Jace was still unconscious and I was constantly checking his pulse, despite the pain whenever I moved. Then I was snapped out of my thoughts of Jace when I heard voices yelling.

            “Jace! Isabella!” Zack’s voice shouted, and I could feel the rubble start to move.