Fun

I wasn’t sure where he was going to take me. All I knew was that we were heading outside into the woods. The warm Carolina air filled my lungs and made me feel thankful to be outside. As long as I had a place to sleep tonight, I didn’t mind walking through the woods. As we walked, I made sure to stay close enough to Jace to feel protected but no too close to make him think I liked him. I was still furious that he was forcing me to stay with him, but it’s the only place I have to stay.

            We walked for about ten minutes until Jace stopped. I looked around but saw nothing that he could possibly want to show me. I gave him a questioning look as I stared at the trees and hills that surrounded me.

            “Close your eyes.” He instructed.

            Fighting him was pointless so I closed my eyes, feeling a bit of panic when Jace’s hand grabbed onto my arm. I tensed up but relaxed when I felt sparks flies from his gentle touch. My body loved his touch, but my mind was in another place. I couldn’t be liking Jace, I just met him for crying out loud. Jace led me to the top of a hill and told me to open my eyes. The light was extremely bright at first but once they adjusted, my eyes widened at the sight.

            There were thousands of beautiful, purple hyacinths that stretched in every direction. How did I not manage to smell the sweet aroma until now? We were standing on top of a small hill, looking down on all the flowers. My heart wanted to melt right then and there at the sight. It was truly breathtaking.

            The sun was still rising, since it was only about ten thirty, and the sun shined through the hundreds of trees mixed in with the flowers. Shadows lingered everywhere, giving off a mystical, yet beautiful scene. A grin appeared on my face as I remembered home, and the garden I had. I had to admit I was homesick, but I wouldn’t go back there, I couldn’t.

            “You like it?” Jace questioned, since I had been silent this whole time.

            “I love it!” I exclaimed, smiling back at Jace who was already grinning at me.

            He sighed, thankful that I loved this place, but how could I not? Jace grabbed my hand and I didn’t protest against him, he pulled me out of my trance and back down the hill. I frowned and said, “Why are we leaving?”
            “I have a fun idea for us to do. You need to loosen up some and have fun.” He smirked.

            “Hey, I have fun.” I whined.

            He shrugged and continued to pull me away from the field of flowers. I already missed the sweet scent that they left as it faded as we walked farther away from them. I was disappointed that we left so soon, but the idea of doing something fun, did spark an interest. The last time I remember actually have real fun with someone was the last time I saw Dillon, which was about three years ago.

            As we walked, I stared down at the ground, catching a glimpse of what I was wearing, which was one of Jace’s large shirts and a pair of elastic shorts, which were also big on me. I hated wearing Jace’s clothes. I really needed some clothes of my own.

            “Jace?” I asked.

            He kept walking but said, “What, love?”

            “As much as I love wearing your clothes, but if I’m going to be staying here awhile I need actual girl clothes.” I said.

            “Why? I like it when you wear my clothes.” Jace smirked, looking down at my body. I suddenly felt extremely self conscious about my body.