Love is in the Air

I couldn’t help but smile at his words. How could I still be mad at him after that? That was unimaginable. That was the most breathtaking kiss of my life. It took everything I had not to kiss him again. Once I had caught my breath and trusted myself to speak, I said, “I guess I can forgive you.”

            He smiled, showing me his pearl white teeth. That smile of his made my heart melt. I had forgotten that I was covered in mud currently and so was Jace. This boy was already changing me, and I didn’t like it. How did he have this affect on me? Sure, I know the mate bond was pulling Jace and I closer, but doesn’t it seem wrong that two people only fall for each other because of a bond?

            Jace got to his feet, mud dripping off of him. He helped me to my feet and we started to walk back to the house in silence. What were we supposed to say after that amazing first kiss? I felt myself want to be as close to Jace as possible. I reached over and took his muddy hand in mine. He seemed surprised by the sudden touch and looked down at our hands, smiling. Sparks flew as our hands remained together.

            Hand in hand, we finally approached the house. Just as we were about to go inside, the front door flew open with Alia standing in the doorway. Her arms were crossed but a smirk was on her face.

            “You aren’t dragging mud through the house. I may not be strict, but I’m not cleaning up the house of mud.” She protested.

            “Alia, come on. What are we supposed to do then?” Jace asked, an annoyed look on his face from his sister.

            “There’s a hose around back.” She smirked.

            “I’m the Alpha of this pack. You can’t kick me out of my house.” Jace said in his intimidating Alpha voice.

            She gave him a humorless laugh and said, “And I’m the Alpha’s sister who hates when he uses the Alpha excuse for everything. Find another way to clean yourself off.” She said smiling as she slammed the door in his face, locking it. It took everything I had to hold back the laughter in my throat. But sadly, I couldn’t contain myself. I busted out laughing, so much that tears filled my eyes. God, I loved Alia so much. The look on Jace’s face when the door was slammed in his face was just priceless.

            “I’m sorry but that was hilarious.” I breathed as Jace glared at me.

            His eyes softened when he saw me sitting on the porch step laughing until it hurt. The way Alia stood up to him was just amazing and I wished I had a sibling that I could argue with and have the relationship that Alia and Jace have. He sighed and grabbed me by the hand and led me to the backyard. He opened the wooden gate and I stood in awe as I walked in.

            The yard was several acres of land which considered of the largest swimming pool ever, an amazing play set, which I wondered why they had since there weren’t many kids around, a trampoline, a huge greenhouse, and a golden deck with a fire pit next to it. This was like something I could have dreamed about as I kid. Okay, I’ll be honest I was excited about everything in the yard except the play set, which I would have loved to have as a kid.

            “Why is there a play set?” I asked.

            “Well this was my parent’s house when they were Alpha and Luna. Alia and I used to play on it as kids. Plus, if anyone from our pack comes over and has kids, they seem to enjoy playing on it.” Jace answered.

            “Luna?” I asked, confused on yet another werewolf term.

            “It’s the Alpha’s mate, she is called Luna. I must have forgotten to tell you that when I explained everything. A Luna helps the Alpha run the pack and together, they are strong and united. You are the Luna of our pack, the Forest Moon Pack.” He said confidently, smiling at me in the process.