All White

I was surrounded in a field of bright, red roses all around me. The sky was bright blue and there was beautiful butterflies flying around me. Jace stood across the field from me, with a smile plastered on his face. I started to run over to him, the wind blowing in my hair. The sweet scent of roses filled my nostrils. Everything was still, almost like time had stopped. Why couldn’t every day be like this?

            I jumped into Jace’s arms, his warmth comforting me. He smelled of chocolate and vanilla mixed together. I took a deep breath and smiled at the scent of him. Was I really falling for him? He was my soul mate, right?

            “You are so foolish, Isabella.” A voice whispered in my ear.

            That wasn’t Jace’s voice. I knew that voice. I pulled away from whoever I was hugging and backed away quickly. I looked to see Matthew standing before me, venom in his eyes and a sinister smirk on his face. That’s when everything changed. The sky turned a dark gray; the wind began to pick up. The roses that once smelled amazing were now wilted away and covered with an ash like covering. Everything beautiful was now gone.

            The air turned chilled and before I knew it, I was being poured on by rain. The warm sensation I had once felt was now gone. Matthew’s fists were clenched and he looked for terrifying when his hair was dripping with rain and his clothes clasping to his body. His eyes stared into my soul and all I wanted was for Jace to come back. Anyone was better than Matthew.

            A flash of lightning caused me to jump. Thunder roared throughout the air. The wind whirled through my hair and everything became dizzy. It took everything I had not to fall over. I just wanted to get away from this. I took one step to run but immediately fell over.

            “You can’t escape me, Isabella! I will always find you. Always!” Matthew shouted from across the field, smirking as everything turned to black.

            I let out a scream as I jolted up; my heart pounding like there was no tomorrow. Sweat covered my forehead and my hands were trembling. I looked around to see that I was in an unfamiliar room. Then I remembered that Jace had kidnapped me. I was being locked in here against my own will. I heard the door unlock and the door fling open.

            “Are you okay, Izzy?” Jace asked, a worried expression on his face.

            I hated him calling my Izzy, just because he didn’t have a right too. That was my nickname for my friends and family, which he wasn’t either of them. I crossed my arms and didn’t want to talk to him.

            “Yeah, I just had a nightmare.” I muttered, hoping he didn’t hear me. 

            I wondered how he knew my name, because I know I didn’t tell him. He probably already talked to Zack. Great, how much did Zack tell him? I sighed to myself, hating the fact that I was trapped here with Jace. He wasn’t my soul mate, I hated him, not loved him. I leaned against the headboard of the bed and crossed my legs over one another. I was still wearing my dirty, torn up black dress that Dillon had given me as extra clothing.

            “We need to talk.” Jace said, which caused me to sigh. I just woke up from a nightmare and he wants to get into this right now?

            “I don’t want to talk.” I mumbled.

            He growled which caused me to sit up, getting ready to run if I needed too. His eyes turned from the normal color of brown to black. Why was he always such a jerk? I needed to try and escape before I rejected him. Maybe it would save us both pain if I just escaped. Jumping out the window wasn’t an option so I needed to rethink what I could do. Before I knew it, I was slammed up against the wall, Jace’s arms on each side of my head. He blocked all of my exits, as I tried to squirm away from him.