Special Night

It’s been three days since Jace woke up and started to recover. By this time, Jace was already out of bed and thinking of ways to track Dillon down and kill him. We were in his office. Jace was sitting at his desk and I was sitting on the edge of it, swinging my feet as they dangled. He had been filling out paperwork and trying to find Dillon all day now. We still hadn’t fully talked about what all happened while I was with Dillon, I never wanted to talk. It gave me chills thinking that I was technically still married to him.

            What Jace didn’t know was that hidden in our closet, beneath all our clothes, I still had the wedding ring hidden away. I didn’t secretly love Dillon or anything; I just couldn’t force myself to throw away the ring for some reason. Yeah, it was weird and most would want to burn it and forget what happened but I just couldn’t. I blame my stubborn mind.

            Jace did tell me how the war went and that Austin was officially dead and his pack wouldn’t be a problem anymore. All that I’ve told Jace is how Matthew died and the plan that Dillon had. I refused to tell him about the wedding, my father, the reception party where several people died, or the part where I almost was forced to have sex with Dillon. I didn’t want to bring up the horrible memories, but I knew sooner or later I would have too. I sighed, causing Jace to look my way, giving me a questioning look.

            “I’m ready to talk about what happened.” I spoke softly.

            Jace dropped everything he was doing and pulled me onto his lap, holding me close as I told him everything, stopping at times to wipe away a few of my tears. I didn’t want to cry because I had already cried enough in the last couple days to last me a lifetime. Jace sat quietly and listened to me talk. A low growl would echo the room at times, but he controlled himself. He rubbed soothing circles on my back, trying to distract from the pain, but for once, it didn’t work as well as it used too.

            “I will find that bastard and kill him.” Jace said when I was finished and I knew he was fighting his wolf for control. He shook his head, growling as he calmed himself.

            “I have a special night planned for us. It won’t be like the last one where we were blown up, though.” He said, smirking at the last part.

            “Really? What are we doing?” I asked, my sad emotions going away and being replaced with excited and happy ones.

            “I can’t say. It’s a surprise.” He grinned, and I growled, hating that he won’t tell me. He leaned and pressed his lips against mine, making me forget that I was mad that he wouldn’t tell me. He knew that kissing me would make me forget my anger towards him. I kissed him back, melting into his trap. God, why was his touch so intoxicating?

            Our kisses got hungrier and less gentle as the kiss continued. It was like out lips were inseparable. Jace stood up and pushed all the papers from his desk, making me laugh against his lips. He laid me onto of his desk, kissing me like I would disappear at any second. He pulled away and looked down at me, lust in his eyes. I couldn’t help but laugh because we were making out on his office desk and the way he pushed everything off.

            “You’ve made a mess now. You just got the office sorted out.” I said, smiling.

            “Who cares.” He replied, as he climbed on top of me, kissing along my jaw line.