Memories

We were now back in America, at a backup house that Jace had built it as a backup pack house in case the first was one destroyed, which was good thinking because this was the new pack house since the other one was burned to the ground. I learned that no one had died in the fire, thankfully, and everyone made it out alive and safe. 

            My mother stayed back in Cadellan, to mourn with our people over the loss of her husband and their king. She was going to come visit me here soon and I couldn’t wait because it had only been a day and I missed her terrible, knowing she was the only living family member I had left, the rest were dead.  All the vampires that weren’t killed left with Dillon. Some of our fighters stayed to help clean up the mess that was created. Part of me wanted to stay with my mom but I couldn’t leave Jace.

            Right now, I was sitting in the hospital wing of the new pack house. Jace laid in the bed in front of me and the Zack was in the next room over. The cut on my arm was already healed but I was worried about Jace. He has been unconscious for a day now, and luckily, our pack doctor, Jessica, came to Cadellan and was able to treat Jace on the plane ride home. Zack had broken six ribs and was on bed rest for a few days until they heal. Thankfully, his wolf was healing him quickly.

            I never left Jace’s side since Dillon got to him. I slept in this room the whole night and Jessica would bring me some food to eat so I didn’t starve. This was the longest day ever. It was seven o’clock at night and I’d already ate dinner so it was almost time that I fell asleep, exhausted from all the pain I had endured. Jessica said I defiantly had been in shock when she found me and that I wouldn’t be the same mentally.

            I had my mark destroyed, I was forced to marry Dillon, my father was murdered, Jace and Zack got hurt pretty badly, and I was almost forced to have sex with Dillon. I don’t think I could have handled anything else bad happening in my life. Jessica told me that Jace should be fine, she just gave him some stitches and he passed out from blood loss. Once he sleeps and replenishes his blood, he should wake up. I laid next to Jace in the bed, wishing he would wake up already. I closed my eyes trying to not think about the past which would probably haunt me forever.
                                                Jace’s Point of View

            The three  rouges growled at Isabella and I. My mind was in a million places, but the one thing I knew was that I needed to protect my mate. My wolf was furious that these wolves were wanting to hurt our mate. It took everything I had to keep him under control. I need Izzy to be safe before I attacked. Zack told me that Austin’s pack was attacking which was another thing on my mind.

            Izzy was holding onto my arm in fear, and I knew that she needed to get out of here. The pack house was up in flames so going there wasn’t the safest places, but Zack would be there and keep her safe until I get back. I could trust Zack more than myself sometimes.

            “Give us the Luna, and you can go fight your war.” One of the pathetic rogues spoke. This is way I hated rogues and wanted them all dead. They wanted to hurt my fragile mate. She let out a whimper, and my blood started to boil. They were scaring her.

            “Over my dead body.” I growled, my eyes turning gold as my wolf fought against me to come out and kill these bastards. I pushed Izzy farther behind me, not wanting her to see them. I felt her bury her face into my back, sending tingles throughout my body. But I knew this wasn’t the time.