Research

As soon as we walked into the palace, tears filled my eyes when I saw my parents waiting for me in the entrance hallway. I tore away from Dillon, who had his arm around my waist and sprinted to my parents. I jumped into their arms, wrapping mine around their necks. I didn’t realize how much I really did miss them until now. I was no longer mad at them for how they reacted to me being a werewolf because I would have acted that way too. All I wanted was my parents right now, because maybe they could protect me. My father was still king, so maybe his guards would lock Dillon away.

            “Please, help me.” I whispered to my parents as I still hugged them tightly.

            My mother gave me a sympathetic, but also confused look. Did she not know Dillon was bad? Dillon walked over and ripped me away from my sobbing mother and my shocked father. Once my father saw Dillon, he frowned. He never liked Dillon which used to anger me, but now I couldn’t be more thankful.

            “We appreciate you finding out daughter, but you are still banned from this kingdom and palace.” My father said sternly.

            Dillon let out an amused laugh, clearly not taking my father seriously. My father called for the guards but was shocked when they came and didn’t capture Dillon, but my mother and father. I watched in horror as my father yelled at the guards as they forcefully put him and my mother in handcuffs.

            “I’m the new king of Cadellan. Your guards are now mine and are ordered to lock you both up in the dungeon.” Dillon spoke loudly to my father and his guards.

            Tears streamed down my cheeks as my parents were taken from me. I tried to run to them, but Dillon held me back, pulling me into his rock hard chest. I struggled against him, but that did nothing. Once they were out of sight, Dillon released me, causing me to almost fall to the ground. I turned and faced Dillon, extremely upset of what he did.

            “How’d you get his guards to be on your side?” I asked, wondering how my father’s guards would just betray him like that.

            “Easy, they are all vampires. I had his old guards killed and replaced with vampires that obey me. Your father was too selfish of a king to notice that his original guards were replaced. It was too easy.” Dillon laughed.

            “You’re a monster. I hate you.” I growled, feeling more powerful than before.

            Could it be possible that my wolf was waking up? Maybe he didn’t give me as much wolfsbane as he thought he did. If I could escape, then I could go find Jace and we could come up with a plan to take down Dillon. I couldn’t stay here and get married. I just prayed that my wolf would be awake soon and I would be able to shift.

            “Well you need to get over that because tomorrow night is when our wedding is scheduled.” He said, smirking.

            It was about four o’clock in the afternoon right now, so that meant I had about twenty four hours before I was forced to marry Dillon. Without thinking, I took off running towards the front door, hoping that I could shift but when I tried, nothing happened. Dillon tackled me to the ground, making me cry out in pain from the impact. I struggled to get up, but he pinned me down.

            “Guards! Come lock Isabella up with her parents until the wedding. I can’t have her escaping or causing trouble as the preparation are being arranged for tomorrow.” Dillon shouted, and three tall, muscular men came and helped Dillon and I up. They grabbed onto me, causing me to squirm and fight them. A pair of pure silver handcuffs were placed on my wrists, causing me to scream and fall to the ground.