Research

I took off running away from the direction of the palace. Soon Dillon’s cabin was no longer in sight and I knew I could start walking for a little bit. Then I realized that I would never be able to go back to my kingdom and my parents and if I did, they would probably banish me anyways for running away. They would also be furious if they found out I saw Dillon.

            I remember when Dillon had convinced me to sneak out of the palace and go into the fields behind his house which was five minutes away at the time and look at the stars since it was a really starry night. I went and was caught by my parents. They hated Dillon ever since and forbidden me to see him. That is also, when the isolation started and when I was never aloud of out the palace.

            Why could nothing in my life be normal? You would think being a princess would be amazing but everything you have heard is a lie. Being royalty is nothing close to perfect. If I wasn’t a princess, surviving out in the real world would be easier but since I rarely left the palace, I wasn’t sure what anything was like until you count the books I read and movies I watched.

            My stomach growled but I knew that I needed to save the food I had. I wasn’t sure how far out these woods went but I would probably be here over night until I can get to another town and do some research and get food. My head snapped up when I swore I heard footsteps coming behind me. I whirled around but was alone.

            “Okay, Izzy, calm down. You’re just nervous.” I said in my head.

            I kept walking as I tripped over stupid branches and rocks lying on the ground. I was probably one of the worst people to be walking in the woods because tripping over things was my middle name. Heck, I even trip over nothing sometimes. Since I had plenty of thinking time, my mind began to wander to reality.

            I was in the middle of the woods, with the bare minimum of supplies and was all alone. I didn’t know anyone else out there. Maybe I should have stayed with Dillon; he would protect me from my parents and Matthew. It was too late now. Then I tried to wrap my mind around the fact that I was a werewolf. How did this happen? Why me? There were so many questions but sadly, there was no one to answer them.

            Once I was in a new town, I would head to the library and try to figure something out about werewolves, since my wolf was clearly not helping me and wanted me to figure all of this out for myself. I spent most of the day walking and the sun was about to set when I saw an opening in the woods.

            I took off running, hoping this was the next town out of Cadellan. To my relief, there were several building outside of the woods and a large sigh that welcomed me to the town of Willington. A smile crept on my lips as I entered the town. There were several people walking in and out of little shops of the little town. There was a woman who looked to be in her early twenties and I stopped her, hoping she could help me.

            “Um, excuse me? Is there a library around here?” I asked, putting on my kindest princess act.

            “Of sure, you go down to the first street on the right and then at the end of that street is where it’s at. It’s on the left.” She smiled and I thanked her before walking away.

            I stood in front of the run down library. There were big, bold letters to confirm it. I walked inside and a bell went off letting the librarian know someone was here. I immediately walked back to the computers and knew that they would be the quickest way to find out information. I started my search and found almost nothing at all. But I did say almost, I did find one thing that could help me. There had been sighting in the United States of many werewolves, running in packs. I knew that my best bet would to go there and try to find some of them.

            I rushed out of the library, knowing I needed to get a boat ticket and leave as soon as possible. Since Cadellan was on the coast of Europe, I could easily get a boat to go to the U.S. Then my mind went in to overdrive when I realized that I was leaving my kingdom and the continent. Could I really do this? I had to do it. I need answers and weren’t clearly getting them here.

            Yes, go to the U.S. you will get answers there. And before you ask, I am saying nothing else.

            I growled at my wolf and quickly covered my mouth. Did I just really growl? I sighed, needing to get used to what I am, if that will ever happen. I glanced at a map which was of the kingdoms and countries around here. I saw Cadellan and wanted to cry, knowing I would never go back to the beautiful place. Then I saw that I was only a town over until I reached the harbor where I could get a boat ride.

            I knew I needed to keep walking if I wanted to get to the boat. I started to walk in the woods when my stomach growled. I hadn’t eaten anything all day and needed to eat if I was going to keep moving. I sat down on a cut down tree stump and opened the bag Dillon gave me. I pulled out some crackers and a granola bar to eat. I also took a few drinks of a water bottle he gave me. God, I loved him so much right now.

            My head shot up when a stick cracked like someone was out there. I was far enough from the little town to know that it wasn’t coming from there. I rose to my feet, looking in every direction, praying it was just all in my head. A low growl escaped my mouth but I was too focused on the noise that I didn’t even care.

            “Is anyone there?” I called out, still scanning my surroundings.

            My eyes locked on the shadowed figure as it stepped into my sight. It was a shape of a person but that’s all I could see. It stepped forward and I held my ground, not wanting to show fear. As the figure stepped closer, I saw his chocolate brown hair, his extremely muscular body, perfected with a six pack and his bright blue eyes. I gasped and my eyes widened when I saw who he was. Matthew.

 Sorry this isn't as long as the other two chapters I wanted to end this chapter this way. Also, you guys who are reading this would be the most amazing people ever if you suggest this to other because I have like four people I think reading this, I don't know. Okay maybe that's not true, but yeah, I don't know. What do you think about the ending of this? What will Matthew do? This dedication goes to @xMissMysteryx. Thanks you to and the other person for commenting on the chapters, I love it! :)

Also to the right is a picture of Matthew. The next chapter I will post a picture of Dillon.