Surprise

My mind was in a million places. I was still in shock from Matthew and what he was seconds away from doing and also who was standing at the door. He was the last person I expected to be here and saving me from this monster. How had my best friend, end up here in America? Dillon stood tall and pissed off standing in the doorway. Matthew growled getting off of me and walked over to Dillon.
            I still couldn’t process what I was seeing. How was he even here and why? I was just thankful that my friend was here and he saw what Matthew was really like. Though, my heart crumbled when the two shook hands and smiled at each other. Dillon was working with Matthew. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I tried once again to escape the handcuffs, needed to escape. If I could get out of the silver cuffs, I could run away and hopefully shift.

            Once I started to cry, Dillon looked over at me and I no longer saw the kind, warming brown eyes he used to have. Instead, his eyes were filled with emptiness and coldness. How could he do this to me? I couldn’t even believe sweet, Dillon would do this. I guess you can never really know a person. Dillon walked past Matthew and over to me, where I tried to squirm away from him, but that only resulted in pain.

            “We’ll talk once you aren’t chained up and in these poor conditions.” Dillon said, scowling over the bedroom I was in and the way I was chained to the bed.

            I watched as he took something out of his pocket and my eyes widened when I saw that it was a needle, with a bluish, purplish color liquid in it.

            “You found wolfsbane?” Matthew asked.

            “Of course, I did. Are you doubting me? I’m still not pleased at what I walked into just a few seconds ago.” Dillon snapped.

            Matthew shook his head and I watched as Dillon injected me with wolfsbane. I wasn’t sure what it was, but I knew it wasn’t good. My wolf started to scream, giving me a headache. I could feel my energy being drained away. Then my wolf was dead silent.
            “What did you do to me?” I asked, feeling weak and tired.
            “I gave you wolfsbane. It makes your wolf sleep so you can shift while it’s in your bloodstream, which will be for a few days. It also weakens your werewolf abilities. Now, we can unchain you and have a normal conversation, without worrying that you could escape.” Dillon said, as he grabbed the key from Matthew and unlocked my wrists and ankles, still burning me in the process.

            He apologized for hurting me, but I didn’t believe him for a second. I sat up, still feeling weak and sick to my stomach. Just looking at Dillon made me want to cry. He was my best friend and now he’s helping my worst enemy. Sure, before I ran away I hadn’t seen him in three years, but that wasn’t my fault.

            Once I was unchained, I pulled my pants back up in embarrassment and pulled my shirt down. Matthew stared at me with lust in his eyes. I involuntarily shivered at the thought of him touching me. I wished my wolf was awake with me because now escaping would be harder since I couldn’t shift. Matthew was now dressed, which I thanked God for.

             I rubbed my wrists, looking down to see that they were red and swollen from the silver. My ankles were the same way. I went to take a step, and cried out in pain from my ankles. And because of the wolfsbane, I wouldn’t heal in a few hours like I normal would have. Now it would take a day or so, since my powers were decreased.