True Self

Jace’s Point of View

           I don’t believe I have told my sister how much I love her lately. I’m welcome by her barging into the bathroom, while I’m in the shower. I open the curtain, not caring if she sees anything because we’re used to see each other naked because we’re werewolves and have to shift in front of each other. Alia stares are me, burning glared into my soul. I knew she was mad at me for the whole pool incident, but she deserved it.

            “You just want to annoy me, don’t you?” She asked, crossing her arms.

            “Well you did disrespect your Alpha.” I smirked, clearing getting under her skin. I knew saying that would really send her over the edge. It was just too fun messing with her. She was my sister after all and I always find it hilarious when she gets mad at me.

            “Jace Hampton Adair, I swear to God, I will come in there and beat you if you’d like.” She threatened, her eyes glaring into mine.

            I pushed open the curtain even father and said, “Please, I dare you.”

            I smirked as she scowled at me, probably killing me in every possible way but we’re siblings so who cares? I can pick on my little sister. As much as I loved picking on Alia, my mind was constantly on Isabella. I wanted to run my fingers through her long, blonde hair and stare into those hypnotizing, crystal blue eyes of hers. Though I just met her, I felt like I already knew her. I was already falling for her, which had me slightly worried. I had a badass Alpha image to still pull off and didn’t want to seem whipped in front of my pack.

            I would just have to be focused and serious with the pack but loving and sweet with her. I could do both. The mud fight that we had changed me, I rarely had fun like that with anyone besides Zack, who was my best friend since I can remember. It was a change to have someone to have real fun with. I have so much stress running the pack that I don’t have as much time to be a normal eighteen year old.

            Then there was that kiss. I had been with tons of girls before, mostly one night stands, nothing too serious because I was waiting for my mate, and I had never felt the way I did when I kissed Izzy. This may sound cheesy but who care, it was the most magical moment I’ve ever experienced. All I wanted to do was kiss her again and again, but I didn’t want to frighten her or ruin things between us by moving too fast for her. Things were actually good between us and I didn’t want to screw it up.

            “Well I know a way to get back at you. I’ll just have a talk with Izzy and have her not talk to you.” She smirked.

            A low growl escaped my throat as she mentioned Izzy. Alia was very persuasive when she needed to be and I’m sure Izzy would be on her side and not mine. Alia knew she was about to cross the line, yet she continued to push me. I turned off the shower and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I fiercely look at Alia, telling her with my expression that she better back off before I get angry.

            She rolled her eyes and exited the bathroom. This is why I loved being the Alpha, I was stronger than anyone and they knew when to take me serious. My blood was boiling at the thought of Alia having Izzy betray me so it was smart that Alia left. I tried off and slipped on a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt that clung to my body like a second skin. I secretly hoped that Izzy would enjoy this look.

            Alpha Jace, we found a rogue on the south end of our territory. What us to bring him in?

            Rogues were always a problem around here and we were a pack that hated them. They were packless and worthless werewolves who deserved to die. Most rogues that come here don’t make it out alive. Izzy was obviously the exception. If they are mates to someone in my pack I will spare them, but other than that, most of them die. We have a lot of spies that act like rogues, so that’s why most are killed. We can never trust rogues.