Runaway

My eyes widened at my wolf’s words. I’m a werewolf! I thought those were only fairytales and make believe. My head was spinning and my body screamed at me for sleep, but how could I sleep after that.

            “I need answers.” I begged to my wolf.

            Sorry, I’m tired and am going to sleep. Find others like you and they can answer your questions, I can’t. Bye.

            My eyes began to fill with tears as I listened to her voice. She was leaving me and not going to answer any questions? I had no idea what I was or anything about werewolves. How was I supposed to find others? I was barely aloud to leave the palace. I had never lived in the real world before and my wolf wanted me to venture out, by myself? My eyes started to get heavier and heavier until they closed and I fell asleep on my bedroom floor.

            I opened my eyes to see that I was in pajamas and sleeping peacefully in my bed. Was that all a dream? Then I saw my ripped clothes lying on the floor and I knew what happened last night was real. I was a werewolf. My body felt refreshed from a good nights sleep, but my body was still sore from shifting. What if it happened again tonight?

            I shook away the thought and decided that it would be best to get ready for today and then go talk to my parents. My walk in closet was filled with outfits that would make any girl go crazy. I pulled out a silk white dress that went down to my knees, knowing this was the only comfortable type of outfit I had, besides my pajamas.

            I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. My skin felt hot to the touch and I wondered if that was normal. I would ask my wolf but she refuses to speak to me about any of this, which angers me. After my shower, I went to get dressed when I stubbed my toe. I yelped and held my toe in pain. What scared me the most was that in the mirror my blue eyes turned black at my pain.

            I slipped on my dress, trying to forget everything because I knew I couldn’t leave the palace and would have to suck it up and figure out something else. Now it was time to face my parents. What if they hated me? I exited my room and headed for their office, which was were they spend most of their days.

            I knocked on their door three times and head my father’s voice command me to come in. I slowly opened the door and walked in, hoping they wouldn’t hate badly about last night. Sure, my mom passed out and my dad was in shock, but that was normal for that situation, right? Both of my parents were sitting at their desks and their eyes met mine when I shut the door behind me.

            “Good morning Izzy.” My father greeted.

            “Morning.” I muttered, not making eye contact with either of them.

            “So we have been trying to figure out all morning what happened last night and have made several phone calls. We want you cured of this disease as soon as possible.” My father said.