Sore Loser

I made my way down to the kitchen in desperate need or food. As I entered the kitchen, I ran right into the wall. Wait, the wall was moving. My eyes moved up to see that Zack was standing in front of me, a smirk on his face. My eyes met his and I wondered why he decided to help me when I first came here. He must have known what I was getting into with Jace. I hated being so ignorant to everything about werewolves. At least I know more now. Then I realized that I was staring at Zack like an idiot.

            “And you’re just staring at me because?” He asked, laughing, realizing the same thing I did.

            “Um, yeah I kind of zoned out.” I replied, which caused him to laugh and shake his head.

            “So what are you up too?” He asked.

            “I’m in desperate need of food. I’m also waiting for Jace to get out of the shower.” I said, walking over to the refrigerator, looking inside for something good to eat. My eyes widened when I saw literally any food you could think of was in it. Oh my God, this is like heaven. There was so much food that I wasn’t even sure what to eat. I decided to grab a plate of spaghetti because that was my favorite food.

            “I heard about the mud incident from Alia. You guys went in the pool?” He asked, still smirking.

            “In our defense, Alia said to rinse off. We did do that.” I smiled as I heated up my food in the microwave.

            Just then, the kitchen door opened and Alia walked in. She must have sensed that we were talking about her. She stared at me and crossed her arms, frowning in my direction. Did she hear what I said? I assumed werewolves had better hearing, since I knew my hearing had become sharper but I didn’t think she was close enough to hear me.

            “Yes I heard you, if that’s what you are thinking. And I didn’t mean get in the freaking pool.” She frowned, and that’s when I noticed how pretty she was, even when she was angry.

             Her elegant, brown hair and bright, emerald eyes, made her look intimidating. Yet, she wasn’t as intimidating because of her petit body which ruined the intimidation factor of her appearance. She had to be only 5’1’ where I stood 5’4’. She was a cute for her size.

            “Just curious, how old are you?” I said changing the subject.

            “17, but don’t change the topic. You guys had to make a mess didn’t you? I’m going to give Jace a piece of my mind.” Alia growled, turning to leave the kitchen.

            “He’s in the shower.” I replied.

            “You think that will stop me? I’m his sister; I’ll do whatever I want. For his luck, he better hope the door is locked.” She scowled before storming out of the kitchen, leaving Zack and staring at the closing door. I was eating the plate of spaghetti the whole time and I loved the taste and warm feeling it left in my stomach.

            “Um, so that’s not weird at all.” I said, shoving more noodles in my face.

            “Get used to it, that’s Alia for ya. She has no boundaries, even if it means her walking in on her naked brother just to yell at him.” Zack laughed, acting like that was normal. I never had a brother but if I did, I surely wouldn’t walk in on them while they were in the shower. Minutes later, I finished my food, my stomach having a huge food baby.

            “Oh God, Zack!” I yelled, causing him to jump.

            Dramatically, I got onto the ground and laid there, closing my eyes at the fullness of my stomach. Zack actually started to look worried. He got down on his knees and asked if I was okay, sort of freaking out.