Plan

I woke up with a horrible coughing fit. I had the worst dream that Dillon was vampire and him and Matthew got into a huge fight. It was ridiculous, nightmare. I was lying on the couch in the living room of the cabin. I don’t even remember how I got here or what happened. The last thing I remember is Matthew and Dillon fighting about something, but I wasn’t sure what that was about. 

            My eyes wander to the floor where I let out a scream. Lying on the floor was Matthew’s dead body. His skin was pale, white and red blood oozed from his neck, where there was a bite mark. There was a puddle of blood on the floor where Matthew laid. My eyes widened and I realized that my nightmare was actually real and Dillon was a monster.

            “Glad to see you’re awake. Sorry, I haven’t had time to clean up this mess yet.” Dillon said, making me jump in surprise.

            “Y-you’re a vampire.” I whispered, still in shock from it.
            I remembered before I had tried to escape but Dillon appeared out of nowhere and I saw his fangs. I must have passed out from the shock or from exhaustion. By the looks of outside, it was now about ten at night. Where the hell was Jace at? I know there were a lot of places to cover with the little detail I gave him, but shouldn’t he be closer to finding me? I miss him terribly, I just wish that my wolf was awake with me, then I wouldn’t feel so alone.
            “Yes I am. I’ve always been one.” He said, sitting down on the couch across from me.     
            “Why did you help me back in Cadellan if you were working with Matthew?” I asked, needing to know why he would help me run away when he would just come and take me back again.
            “Because I didn’t know the whole story about your parents finding out you were a werewolf and the arranged marriage to Matthew. Plus, I didn’t actually think you’d get that far before Matthew hunted you down or you gave up and went back home. I guess I underestimated you.” He said, and I was happy that he underestimated me, but I knew that it wouldn’t happen again.
            “You see, Matthew came to me once he found out you ran away, and asked for my help. He knew I was a vampire and I knew he was a werewolf. And at the time, I knew you were one too. He wanted me to help him bring you back home and if I helped him, then he would make sure that I could live in town again and see you whenever. He had his plan and I had mine, though. I never planned on following his plan all the way through.” He explained, as he rested his elbows on his knees as he stared at me, waiting for me to say something, but I didn’t, so he continued to talk.
            “I knew Matthew was a jackass, but when I found out that he abused you in those three years I never saw you, I was furious. What kind of man abuses a woman like you for no reason? It was disgusting, though I went through with the plan. Once Matthew and his witch got you, together, Matthew and I would bring you back to Cadellan.”
            “Here’s my plan, I worked with Matthew until the point where I had to kill him. Now you may ask why I killed him. It’s because he can’t have you, only I can.” He snarled, his eyes turning a red color, and then back to brown.
            Once he said that my mouth literally dropped open. I’m sorry, what the hell did he just say to me? My heart started to race as I stared at my ex best friend. He just admitted that he wanted me and killed Matthew for it. Sure, I was thrilled he was dead because he did abuse me but Dillon killed him just out of jealousy.
            “I’m in love with you, Isabella Montgomery. I always have loved you. When your parents banned me from seeing you, it broke my heart, but I knew one day I would get a chance to claim your love and this is my chance. Matthew is out of the picture and Jace will never find us because tomorrow night we’re leaving for Cadellan and Jace will never see you again.” He said, causing tears to fill my eyes. Jace had a day to find me before I was off to Cadellan. He wouldn’t be looking there and I would never see him again. Sure, I told Jace I was from Cadellan, but he would search the US before he went there. Who knew how long it would take him to look for me in Europe?
            “Plus, once we’re married, I get to be king of Cadellan, and I’ll banish your parents because they separated us for so long. I may even execute your father for what he did to us. He ruined our chance at love three years ago and put it on hold until now.”