Chapter 1

Octavia:

Octavia:

It was a cold night, even for a wolf like me. The frigid air whipped my hair in every direction. I constantly had to pull it away from my face just so I could continue to squint through the darkness. I should've never gotten all dressed up. I hate my best friend, Siren, for convincing me to put these heels on. I rip them off of my feet and tuck them under my arm.

The house was a good two blocks behind me and I was alone and a little scared. I was just casually sipping my non alcoholic drink when all of a sudden there was a big crash and wolves just began to drop dead like flies when they get zapped. My older brother practically tossed me out of our home and told me to run. I could barley process anything that was happening. Today was supposed to be a good day. My younger sister was supposed to shift for the first time and hopefully a male suitor would take enough joy in her company and claim her as his.

There are no destined mates. It is not by fate but by  attraction and love that you choose to bare the mark of a wolf. It was tradition to invite different packs to this celebration to increase the likelihood that someone will claim you as their's. Where as for a male often times near by packs will send a few unmated females to possibly be chosen.

It's been three years since my first transformation and I have yet to be claimed. I've had a few offers but I shut them down almost immediately. Call me a corn ball, or idiotic or cheesy but I want something hot and passionate. Someone who will care for me and love me immensely. I would wait until I found the perfect suitor.

I heard a twig snap behind me and I turned quickly only to see pure darkness. The dark clouds were hoarding the rain, Maine has been experiencing a drought lately. They covered the moon and it's light, blinding me. I turned back around quickly and began to run for my life.

I wasn't going to be one of those stupid girls who calls out to the mystery murder, "Hello?" "Is anyone there?" That's just plain idiotic.

I pushed myself to run faster, harder in pure fear. I could hear my heart pumping along with the sound of another humans feet pounding on the ground behind me. I wanted to scream out in fear, hoping someone would hear me and help me. I hoped it was a nightmare and that I'd wake up in my room safe and sound.

But that's all it was, hoping. Hope that got me no where. I screamed in terrifying fright and frustration as two large arms locked around my waist picking me up off of my feet and sending my shoes flying across the cold cement ground. This was not a nightmare, it was really happening.

I thrashed and kicked trying my best to loosen this strange man's grip on me. I screamed again, but this time in disgust as his hand began to grope at my chest. He pulled me into the trees near by concealing us from the streets. He pinned me to the ground and began fumbling with my dress. As his intentions became more clear, I became more frantic. I tried as best as I could to get him off of me but it was so use, he was too strong for me. Tears ran down my cheeks when the realization hit me, my strength was no match for his.