Chapter 17

Ajax:

Ajax:

I rub my tired eyes and lean back in my chair. Reading this awful cursive was beginning to give me a headache. I stand abruptly and begin pacing the length of my office, something I did often when I was stressed or frustrated. How did this all happen like this? Why her? Why did my father have to be such a cruel piece of shit? I slam my fist down on my desk in anger. The thought of my father made me sick to my stomach.

"Ajax, you need to sit still and behave. If you don't... we'll you know what will happen." His face was stern and cold. His blue eyes void of any and all emotion as we rode in the back of a black SUV. "Jargen doesn't like little boys who talk back."

"But dad—"

Smack. I hold my hand against my stinging cheek and hold the tears that welled in my eyes back. I hate you, I thought to myself as my father turned his attention to the driver who asked him a question about the arrival time. No one dared question him whenever he laid a hand on me in such a way. Not even my own mother, but she must be as scared as I am.

I sigh, rubbing my eyes once more and shake the memory from my mind. I don't want to think of him. Ever. But for Octavia's safety I have to continue to search through this book and find out if my father has ever encountered a silver wolf.

I take my seat at my desk once more and begin flipping through the rough and worn out pages of the large leather bound book. Just looking at his handwriting made me nervous and uneasy. I wish Octavia could be here with me, her wonderful scent of coconut and vanilla could calm the worst of my nerves. The mate bond was growing extremely strong and I don't know how I feel about that.

It was never my intention to mark her on that night a few months ago. I was there to confront Octavius and show him how wrong he was about me. That he had made a mistake when he turned me away many years ago. I had barely gained control of my shifting and was left with an entire pack and had destroyed another, Octavius refused to help me.

I knew how fond he was of his children and when I saw that his daughter had grown into such a beautiful woman... It's like I had lost all control and my mind along with it. I marked her and enjoyed every minute of her fathers enraged and crazed look. He was so desperate to keep her that it only made me want her more for myself.

Although the satisfaction of taking his daughter only lasted a few days. My anger spiked and my jealousy peaked at the sight of her. She resembles him and even has a similar name to him. I envied the love her father had for her because I never had the same.

I killed my father in cold blood. No regrets.

But as the mate bond grows each day my wolf gets a strong urge to embed himself in her. To ravish her. It's become difficult to control. Octavia despises me. She hates that I ripped her away from her family and treated her like garbage. She also would like to know all my deep dark dirty secrets. But knowing them might only make her hate me more.