Chapter 14

Octavia:

Octavia:

The wind combed through my fur and my paws thudded against the blanket of snow that covered the usually grassy ground. A sense of fear was pumping through my veins as I pushed myself to run faster. What's going on? Who am I running from? I wanted to stop but I couldn't.

"Octavia." A voice resounded throughout the woods causing me to look back whilst running.

There was no one there. No one in sight. I was completely alone, snow began to fall and my wolf started to become even more anxious. She was frightened and so was I.

"Octavia, he's come for you."

My father appeared before me like magic, I struggle to stop in time so that I wouldn't crash into him. I had so many questions for him, but no matter how hard I tried only whimpers and small barks escaped my snout.

Something was keeping me in my wolf form. I tried hard to shift back, so that I could speak to my father but it's no use.

"He's close."

That was the last thing he said before a sleek silver wolf jumped over my father, casting him in a shadow and away from my view.

The wolf let out a murderous growl, that had me shaking and screaming in fear. He landed on top of me, his large wet paws pressing down on me. I turn my head away in fear to find a dark gray wolf with hints of black watching us. His teeth were bared as he growled lowly and began to circle us, his eyes never leaving me.

The wolf on top of me snapped at neck, causing me to shrink away and wiggle underneath him. His weight was too great for me. Just as he opened his snout to take a bite out of me, I felt the overwhelming fear to scream.

"Octavia!" The sparks and tingles pulse their way around my shoulders and down my arms, sending a feeling of security over my body.

"Octavia, open your eyes. Look at me."

For a moment it felt as though I couldn't breathe and I began to panic. My eyes shoot open and I'm yanked out of that nightmare as my lungs expand with a gasp. I take in as much oxygen as possible and grip the closest thing next to me. My mate.

"Octavia, that's the second time you've screamed in your sleep. What's going on?" He says pulling me close and cradling me in his arms as I regain my breath.

"I—It was a nightmare." I choke out, looking up at my surroundings. We were in my room with a bunch of candy wrappers sprinkled around the floor. Siren was looking down at me from the edge of the bed with a look of concern.

We've must've fallen asleep while talking and next thing you know I'm screaming like a mad woman. I hadn't realized that this would be the outcome of the dream. It had felt so real, like I could feel the wolf above me pressing me down into the dirt. It's like I could feel the pressure and smell the soft soil around me.