Chapter 19

Ajax:

Ajax:

November twelfth.

"No this isn't right."

"Of course it is."

"The west and south borders are the weakest and we need to place more men along them."

"What makes you think they'll come from the west or the south?"

"Our land is very large, they could come from anywhere they'd like."

"The pack house is in the northern parts of the land and the Alpha's home is to the northwest part of the land. Sam is partially correct. We need to strengthen the west border."

I sat in silence at the head of the table as Alexander, Sam, and Weston debated on which part of the border needed reinforcements. I do care about the safety of my pack, of course, but I can't get her out of my head. Her hair, her eyes, her lips.

"Ajax." The group simultaneously says, all eyes on me. They all sought my approval on the matter.

"Send more rotations of men to the west. Make sure the rotations are even and full. Keep the men well rested and fed as often as possible." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"Okay." Samuel says before making note of it and passing the paper along to me. I sign the bottom of it quickly and hand it back to Sam.

"That's all for today." I stand up from my chair and immediately loosen the tie around my neck as I make my way out of the conference room.

I exit the pack house with the thought of my mate still on my mind. Her lips. The way she tasted. I could feel myself get excited at just the mere thought of kissing her again.

But I'm not sure at all about how she felt. She's been avoiding me. I'm pretty sure she's been spending her nights in Cipher's room and over planning her days so that shes always too busy.

I throw my tie onto my perfectly made bed and remove my jacket. I roll up the sleeves of my pressed white dress shirt, feeling agitated and stressed. Alexander required that we dress like this for every meeting, no matter how large or small it is. It's quite an annoyance actually.

My level of stress only increases when I think of the potential danger my mate is in. How dare that fool even think of harming something of mine? It's as if he had a death wish. He and I both know that his father deserved to die. He was sick and cruel. I shake the thoughts from my head before they begin to grow dark and disturbing.

I head downstairs to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of whiskey. It was only noon time and I'm already having a drink. I couldn't help it. All I could think about was her. How did I get to be like this? So enthralled by her...

The closing of the door awoke me from my thoughts and grabbed my attention. The smell of vanilla and coconuts made me set my glass of whiskey down quickly and head over to the door.