Chapter 31

Octavia:

Octavia:

December second.

Pulsing. The pulsing of my blood. That's all I could feel and hear as it made its way to my brain. My head hurt immensely and I couldn't handle the aching. What's going on? My body felt heavy and my mind was foggy as I try to recall what had happened. I move my hand cautiously with all the energy I could muster. The cool snow melted slightly underneath my fingertips. The realization that I was suddenly outside and on the ground caused a shiver to run down my spine.

"Tell me, you fool, what do you think his reaction will be when he sees his bloodied and bruised mate?" The cool voice of Jalex travelled through the fresh cold winter air. I focus my energy and force my eyes open to watch the scene unfold.

They're obviously talking about me.

"Neither of us know how he's going to react. He could break down crying and beg for his life." Ted's gruff voice seemed annoyed and almost impatient.

"Ajax is known to be ruthless, even more ruthless than I am."

"Yes, but he hasn't shown that kind of behavior since he took her as his mate. She probably made him soft." Ted scoffs. He clearly didn't fear Ajax one bit. He truly is a fool.

"We'll just have to wait and see," My blurry vision finally focuses on Jalex. He stood before Ted wearing a black T-shirt and shorts, ready to shed his clothes and dawn the fur of his wolf. "Once we get there you can explain to him why you decided to whip his mate with silver chains. That'll be your punishment."

Jalex walks away and into the crowd of soldiers ready to give up their lives for his cause. Ted rolls his eyes and reluctantly makes his way over in my direction. I keep still and close my heavy eyes not wanting to engage in any type of communication with him. I don't even want to see his stupid face.

I stay completely silent and still as he slips a cloth bag over my head and lifts me bridal style. Great, just fucking fantastic. There was a lot of shuffling before everything became quiet.

"I just want to take a moment to do a head count before we invade their lands and slaughter the Alpha family." Jalex says in a joking tone. I could feel the anger build in the pit of my stomach.

Nothing about this situation is funny. He's over here making jokes while back home Ajax is doing everything in his power to keep his family and pack safe.

I'm not sure how much time passed before we started to move, but I could feel the snow flakes gather on my exposed hands. I was still wearing that winter jacket to cover up my scent thankfully or I'm sure I would've have looked like a popsicle by now.

Everything was silent as they marched towards my friends, family and mate. The only thing that could be heard was the crunching of their boots against the snow and the howling winds that blew against us, willing for us to go back.