Chapter 9

Octavia:

Octavia:

Exactly two weeks had passed since the incident and I had found a sense of normalcy amongst the CrescentBlood pack. My new pack. The members have been very welcoming and respectful. No matter where I went they bowed their heads respectfully and only referred to me as their Luna. I've began to take more responsibility and tended to my Luna duties. They mainly consisted of making sure that everything amongst the members ran smoothly and I lend a hand whenever I could. Sometimes I'd help the elderly and older mothers in watching over the children, which was what I was doing at the moment.

I had a little girl sat in my lap as we rocked in a rocking chair in the far corner of the room, an open book in hand. Her two blond pigtails were wrapped up in silky pink bows and her bright blue eyes grew exited to find the lost puppy of the story had found it's way home.

"The end!" I say enthusiastically as I closed the book.

"Luna, can you read it again?" She begged looking up at me, her blue eyes pleading with mine. She gave me a wide smile causing her chubby cheeks to blossom and my heart nearly melted.

"That will be the third time I've read it to you this morning, Lola." I couldn't help but giggle at the little girl in my lap. She adored this story and I just couldn't say no to her cute little face.

So I opened the book once more, to which she cheered to and clapped her little chubby hands. Just as I reached the middle of the story the door opened and the guards announced the presence of the Alpha.

"Good morning, Alpha." The children said in unison as they bowed their heads respectfully. It was a bit creepy and shocking. The children ranged from one year olds to ten year olds. After the age of ten you're moved up into a higher education and your warrior training begins.

"Good morning boys and girls." Ajax greeted them with a genuine smile, which I was pleased to see. At least he was kind to the children. Now that I think about it, he treats his pack very well. He cares for them and their well being. He made his way over to me and the children around us returned to their previous activities.

"Is this what you do during your free time?" He teases gesturing to me rocking in the chair to soothe the antsy girl who simply wanted to hear the rest of the story for the third time.

"Yes, I enjoy Lola's company very much. Plus, this is a very good book. Isn't that right Lola?" I look down at the sweet girl as she nods her head timidly.

"Well," Ajax says as he gets down on his knees in front of me to come face to face with Lola. "I'm so sorry but would you mind if I stole Octavia away?"

I watched as Lola pouted and thought about her answer. She was probably one of the brightest five year olds I had ever met. She lifted her head up to me and asked, "But when will you be back to finish the story?"