Chapter 21

Octavia:

Octavia:

November fourteenth.

"It's your turn." I say with a roll of my eyes.

"No wait, I think it's my turn. Did I roll?"

"Sam, it's definitely not your turn. I need to roll." Cipher picks up the two cubes that laid in the middle of the monopoly game board. She shook them in her hand excessively before dropping them onto the board.

"You all do realize that's a children's game, correct?" Ajax questions. He was sitting on the couch with some kind of intellectual book in his hands. He said it was a book he read for purely pleasure, not work. My wolf likes the fact that he reads for fun, she thinks it means he's smart.

"Hush." We say simultaneously before Cipher begins to move her hat eight spaces around the board.

"Boom!" I laugh loudly. "You just landed on one of my railroads baby! That'll be one hundred dollars."

"Wait! Banker give me my two hundred dollars for passing go." She turns to Ajax who was now the temporary banker because Siren had to use the bathroom. Come to think of it she's been in there for a while.

"No, I need to finish these last few pages." He says, not even bothering to look at his little sister.

We all groan and Cipher gets up from her seated position on the floor and knocks Ajax's book right out of his hands. It lands on the floor with a loud thud as we all sat in silence waiting for his reaction. The book laid on the floor open and for a moment I was scared for Cipher.

Samuel bursted out into giggles as Ajax sat up angrily and turned to face his sister. My lips had parted in shock at her actions. I guess she just loves to poke the sleeping lion.

"I'm going to kill you." Ajax growls out.

"Well, that's my cue to leave!" Cipher laughs before getting up and racing to the door. She yells goodbye to everyone and in a flash she's gone. Well, I guess that means I won't be getting my hundred dollars.

"Can we play truth or dare now?" Sam asks looking back and forth between Ajax and I. I silently shake my head no as I begin cleaning up the game pieces and organizing all the cards and money.

"Okay." Ajax says just as I place the lid on the monopoly box. I look up at him surprised. What? He won't play monopoly with us but Truth or Dare is his cup of tea? Ugh.

"Octavia, truth or dare?" His electric blue eyes meet mine and I'm practically flopping around in my mind like a fish out of water. Say something, stupid.

"I–um— what?"

"Wait why did you pick her? Why not me?" Sam pouts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Fine, Sam truth or dare?" Ajax peels his eyes away from me and focuses them on Samuel. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I even freeze up like that?