Chapter 23

Ajax:

Ajax:

November nineteenth.

"Maybe we should keep searching. I feel kind of bad just stopping." Weston says loosening his tie. We all sat in the conference room feeling agitated and stressed. I shake my head no as I run my fingers through my hair.

"No, we've already extend the search party for too long. It was supposed to be a one day thing and it's been almost five days now." I say sternly. I don't want to waste anymore time on Siren Laurel. That all she is, a waste of time. We all know where she really is... with Jalex probably planning the murder of my mate.

My wolf stirs in anger at the thought. How could she betray someone so close to her? Does she not have a soul?

"Moving on," Sam says. "The border has been perfect lately. No one getting in or out. And the men are being refreshed and rotated evenly."

I nod my head approvingly and look over to Weston for an update on training.

"Everything has been running smoothly. No complaints from the pack and they all seem motivated. Ready to kick ass if need be."

"Good." Alexander says leaning forward in his chair.

"Okay so what are Christina and I here for then?" Cipher asks as her leg bounces up and down impatiently. I scoff and roll my eyes at her.

"There's one more thing I would like to speak to you all about." I say leaning back in my chair. My second and third in command look at me curiously. I hadn't spoken to anyone about this but I knew for a while now that I wanted to do something for my mate. I just didn't know what until recently.

"Octavia's birthday is in exactly a week from today, and I would like to throw her a party."

"What really?!" Cipher practically jumps out of her chair in excitement. This is what she basically lived for, parties and party planning. Which is strange because no one else in the family enjoyed doing such a thing.

"Yes really. I need you and Christina to talk her into this. She doesn't seem excited at all for her birthday or for anything really..." I trail off thinking of how somber my mate as been lately. She hardly speaks and just spends the majority of the day reading to the children and watching tv.

"You can count on me." Cipher says grabbing a piece of paper and beginning to scribble a bunch of things down.

"There is another thing, a surprise." Everyone looks shocked for a moment before a curious look takes over their faces.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with Ajax?" Sam asks jokingly, causing the whole table to break out into smiles and a small laugh.

"I'm being serious guys." I roll my eyes in a playful manner.