Chapter 24

Octavia:

Octavia:

November twenty-first.

I close the book that I had pulled of the shelf randomly. They say reading is good for the mind and soul but I don't think it counts if you don't genuinely enjoy whatever you're reading.

I shove an Oreo in my mouth and walk back over to the book shelf and replace the book, filling the vacant space. Cipher would kill me if she found out I'm having Oreos and milk for breakfast. She's such a health freak.

I take a seat at Ajax's desk and spin around quickly in his chair. I can't believe I chickened out. I came upstairs to apologize for my recent behavior and offer him some Oreos. But there were no guards in the hall, so I assumed there's no one up here. I didn't even bother to check if Ajax could still possibly be in his room.

Instead I just snuck into his office and decided to read until I heard some type of noise or sign of life come from his bedroom. It's been about forty five minutes and I think I might actually die of boredom in here. Plus, that was my last Oreo.

Stop being a big fat baby and go see if he's there.

I sigh as I stand up from the chair and shake away my nerves. I wipe any cookie crumbs off of his desk before making my way back out into the hall. There were still no guards out here, probably because it's unnecessary when the Alpha isn't home.

He's been very busy lately and easily frustrated. I close the door quietly behind me, before tip toeing over to his room. Considering the circumstances he had every right to be frustrated or stressed. I also was not helping the situation.

I just couldn't believe that Siren had actually disappeared like that. There have been whispers going around about her. People are saying that she's working with Jalex... I don't know what to believe. In my heart there's just no way Siren could do something like that. Ever. But I'm not stupid. In my head she's definitely a suspect.

I clear my throat and knock lightly on Ajax's door. I wait a moment for a response but get none. Wow what a surprise, no ones home. I knock again and call out his name softly. Nothing.

I crack open the door to find his room crisp and clean. No Ajax. I sigh at how foolish I feel. I wasted a good forty five minutes eating a whole bowl of Oreos waiting for no one. He's not even in here. I walk over to his bathroom and closet to make sure he's not hiding in there.

Nothing in the luxurious bathroom and he definitely wasn't hiding in between his many suits in the closet. I comb my fingers through my hair as I head back into the bathroom. It was beautiful really, much better the mine.