Chapter 25

Octavia:

Octavia:

November twenty-sixth.

"You really shouldn't be going so close to the border." Ajax huffs has he tugs on his shirt. He had just gotten back from a meeting and was dying to get out of his suit. I don't know why, considering he looks so gorgeous dressed like that. I mean he looks gorgeous wearing anything... or nothing. He's just flat out gorgeous.

"I just want to go for a walk." I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly. I was tired of walking around the same areas of the pack territory and I wanted to explore more. I figured I would tell Ajax so he would know where I am, even though I knew he would give me a hard time about it.

"Look, if you're going to go take a few guards with you." He sighs as he takes a seat on the couch and begins pulling his pants down. I turn away immediately.

"A warning would be nice."

"Sorry ducky, it not my fault I'm so comfortable around you." He chuckles.

"Yeah, actually that is your fault. Also, why would I need to bring guards when there are already men and women patrolling the territory lines?"

I really just wanted to explore on my own and have some time to myself. My birthday is tomorrow and for last few days I haven't been left alone once. Cipher kept me up all last night going over party plans. I just need time alone and fresh air.

"Because I said so." He responds. I keep my back towards him and roll my eyes.

"I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself, theres no need for me to bring any guards." I cross my arms over my chest stubbornly. In a way I understand why he's so protective of me but at the same time I don't. I have Alpha blood in me. I can take on anyone of lower status and I highly doubt an Alpha will just randomly attack me while I'm out on stroll.

"You either take a guard or I will attend you on this much needed walk of yours." His voice held a sense of authority in it and I knew he was done discussing this. I roll my eyes again at him. Stupid mate. Stupid Alpha. There is was no way I was taking him with me on my walk. I have a much better chance at silence if I take a guard with me instead.

"Fine, I'll grab one of the guards from the hall to accompany me then. I'll see you after for dinner."

I exit his room, not giving him the chance to respond.

Christina demanded that we all go over to her house for a pre-birthday party dinner since tomorrow will be a little hectic with the real party. I agreed to her only because of the kindness she's shown me from the moment I arrived here. If it was up to me, I wouldn't do anything to celebrate. I wouldn't even lay my eyes on a cake or any type of desert you could stick a birthday candle into.

But I'm going along with all of this because these people really do care for me and its clear it means a lot to them. I'm extremely grateful to Ajax's family for being so welcoming and warm.