Chapter 15

Octavia:

Octavia:

The book was large and magical looking. I felt like I've only seen books like this in movies. The leather was old and worn but still sturdy. There was cursive writing on the cover in gold lettering. Although I'm 100% sure that it's not written in English. It's as if it came straight out of Harry Potter.

Ajax placed the book down on his desk as he took a seat. I scanned his beautiful face looking for any sign of emotion but he was colder then usual. He said the book belonged to his father, but it's not Alexander's book. So, who's Ajax's true father?

I move and stand behind Ajax to look at the book along with him. Lucky for us, the writing on the inside was in English. It was a bit smudged and the cursive was hard to read, but we managed to get through the first few pages.

Siren paced the length of the room near the door while she nibble on her finger nails. She seemed worked up and nervous. I raised a quizzical eyebrow at her once our eyes met. Is she okay? She gives me a nervous smile and it does nothing to soothe me. Why is she acting so weird?

I look down at the book leaning over Ajax's shoulder to get a better chance at reading the scribbled words. Ajax looks up at me almost immediately, his blue eyes cold and sharp. "Your scent is driving me insane." He grounds out.

I swallow harshly a bit afraid with the tone of voice he's taken. I don't bother to apologize and simply take a step back, hanging my head in embarrassment. He sighs heavily before his large hand wraps around my wrist, tugging me towards him.

He sits me down on his lap and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as my heart rate increases. His large hand rests on the top of my thigh as the other flips the page in the book.

"Relax." He whispers into my shoulder before placing a small kiss there. I'll admit I was tense and nervous. I thought he was angry at me for hovering over him.

His hand on my thigh begins to draw random shapes over the soft material of my pajamas pants and for a few moments it's like I couldn't focus on anything else. I didn't have a chance to freshen up and probably looked like a mess. My hair was in a messy bun that sat right on top of my head. My pajamas pants had cute little polar bears all over it and for a top I was wearing a simple silk camisole.

I try my best to focus my attention on the book in front of me. The pack name was listed first, then rank, then name, and after that was appearance. The amount of crazy and OCD it must've taken to do all of this is insane.

"Ouch." Siren mumbles causing both Ajax and I to look up at her. She stopped pacing and was examining her now bleeding finger. She turned towards us, an embarrassed look on her face.

"I'm gunna go get a band aid." She says softly before exiting the room without waiting for a response. The door closes behind her and Ajax's eyes shift over to me.