Chapter 4

Octavia:

Octavia:

I gasped awake from my horrid dream. No, it wasn't a dream but a nightmare. The awful flashbacks of the night I was taken by my "mate" swirl through my mind again. I shove the blankets off of my body, feeling hot and claustrophobic. I glance over at the clock that read 3:47am.

I roll my eyes and jump out of bed and head towards the bathroom. I turn the light on and give myself a glance in the mirror. I looked like an absolute mess, my hair was all over the place and my eyes had decently sized bags hanging on to them.

I turn the water on to its coldest setting and wet my face. It made me feel a bit better seeing how I was almost sweating buckets.  I gripped the sink leaning forward and taking in a deep breath. I didn't want to be stuck here, but the pain was unbearable and if Ajax is to be believe it would last for days. I could never make it all the way back home in that state. I would have to lay on the ground in the middle of the forest and suffer until it just magically went away? That sounds insane.

I drag my way back to bed and yank the blankets well over my head. I've never felt so lost and confused. I wish for the sleep to come back, to take me away. And it did.

***

"Rise and shine my beautiful pumpkin!" Cipher chirped happily in my ear, seeing as she was practically on top of me. I groaned and shoved her away before pushing my face into the pillow. Maybe I'll suffocate and die. What a happy thought...

Just kidding, I value my life and plan on seeing my amazing family once again. I look up at the clock that sat on the night stand. 6:00am. Great, I had only got two extra hours of sleep. I turn over in bed just in time to see Cipher emerge from the closet with clothes in her hands.

"Let's go, girlie! We're gunna be late!" Ugh why is she screaming? Wait maybe that's just me, since I did just wake up. She tugged my arm and pulled me out of bed. She handed me some workout clothes and told me to change and "don't bother to shower".

I did as I was told, not in the mood to put up a fight. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair back into a high ponytail before changing into the high waisted spandex leggings and sports bra. I exit the bathroom and Cipher wastes no time has she shoves a pair of socks and running shoes in my arms.

I sigh, "Why are we doing this so early?" I take a seat on my bed and put on my socks and then sneakers. Do other people do it like that as well? Or do they put on one sock and then a shoe? No, they can't. That's so stupid. Wait why am I so concerned about that?

"Alpha's orders. We do spontaneous training sessions at anytime of the day to make sure we're always ready just in case of an attack." She explains as she looks herself over in the mirror. We were wearing very similar outfits but her hair was in two French braids. I envied her beauty, it was like she was crafted from the goddess herself. She was tall and lean, yet dainty and girly at the same time.