Chapter 2

Octavia:

Octavia:

You know when you're lying in bed and you suddenly feel like you're falling? Well that's exactly how I felt. As if I was falling continuously into an endless hole. It felt so strange. It's like I was trapped. I couldn't move or speak. I just kept falling for what seemed like days.

Until finally, it stopped. I think I hit the ground.

My ears began to ring, the deafening silence didn't help whatsoever. I opened my eyes slowly, only to be exposed to darkness. For a moment I couldn't tell if I had actually opened my eyes. When they finally readjusted I looked around carefully, I wasn't in a hospital room but there was hospital equipment in here. I was attached to an IV and an oxygen tank along with a heart monitor.

I try to readjust my vision and scanned the room once more, it seemed large and extravagant. The white walls were complimented by the dark wood floors. The bedding was a dark grey, accompanied by white and light grey pillows. There were lots of greenery in the room as well. The curtains were drawn on the large floor to ceiling windows allowing a lot of natural moonlight in.

I looked over at the clock that sat on the beside table. It was two o'clock in the morning, that explains the deafening silence. I looked around once again. Where the hell am I?

The last thing that I remember is falling asleep in Ajax's truck. I removed the IV and the heart monitor as I sat up in bed. Wait... if I was hooked up to hospital machinery that means something happened. Did I actually fall into a coma? How long has it been?

I immediately stand up and look down at myself. I was dressed in a simple white sleeping gown that stopped just above my knees. I quickly walked over to the walls and searched for the light switch. My hands roamed on the walls for a few minutes until I found it. I flinched immediately at the bright lights, throwing my arm above my eyes to shield them.

Once they adjusted I looked around the room again. There were three white doors, one next to the light switch and two on the opposite wall of the large widows.

I open the two adjacent to each other first. The first was a closet, a large one at that. It was filled with clothes and shoes. I was confused as to why there were women's clothes and shoes in there. Who's room was this? Why would they put me in some random girl's room? I pushed those questions to the back of my mind, reminding myself that I had more important things to do. For one, figuring out a plan to get out of here without being detected.

I opened the door next to it and switched the lights on. A bathroom. I immediately went for the mirror. I had too see what I looked like. What if I was old? I didn't know how long I'd been in a coma for. I mean I felt fine but I am a werewolf, we age nicely.

I was relieved when I found my nineteen year old self staring back at me in the mirror. My skin looked vibrant and nourished. My green eyes seemed as though they were glowing and my chocolate brown hair fell in waves down to my waist.