Chapter 18

Octavia:

Octavia:

November ninth.

"Will you just eat the fucking salad?" Cipher growls out pushing the bowl of green lettuce and leafy things over to me. I stare at them dreading how it'll taste without any dressing.

"Give me the ranch and I'll eat it." I growled back and shoved the bowl over to her side of the table. I watch her intently, she was hiding the bottle of ranch dressing behind her back. He was just an innocent hostage waiting to be drizzled all over the leafy greens but unfortunately the taste police wouldn't allow the poor dressing to fulfill its life's purpose.

"No ranch." She responded and pushed the bowl over to me.

"Holy mac n cheese, can you stop sucking the fun out food and let me eat what I want?" I narrow my eyes at her and she rolls her eyes before calling me a drama queen.

Cipher and I decided to forget about the fight we had not too long ago about the mate thing considering that we could all be in grave danger in about a month from now. Ajax had informed all of the important people of the possible threat that is Jalex and planned to tell the rest of the pack soon.

He was debating telling the entire pack in fear that he might worry them for no reason. Ajax said there was no way to be sure that Siren was telling the truth other than my coincidental dreams. I convinced him that making them a little worried was better than leaving them in the dark. It's better to be prepared rather than sorry.

Siren strolled into the room, a sly smile on her face.

"What are you so happy about?" I question. I'll admit  I was growing a bit cranky since Cipher was draining the fun out of eating.

"There are so many hot men in this pack. Samuel and Weston especially." She says leaning up against the counter besides me.

"Ugh." Cipher rolls her eyes.

"What? You don't think they're hot?" Siren asks raising an eyebrow and jutting her hip out the way she normally does when she's channeling her sass.

"I think you're hot." Cipher winks at Siren.

"Barf." I say out loud pretending to vomit over my unappealing salad. There's not even any grilled chicken in it.

"Just eat your damn food." Cipher sighs.

"It looks bland." Siren says glancing over at the bowl. "Why don't you put some ranch on it?"

My eyes brighten up and I put on my fakest smile, just for Cipher. "What an amazing idea. Right Cipher?"

"I give up." She grumbles and places the bottle of ranch on the table and walks away.

I practically throw myself onto the table just to reach for the bottle and begin drizzling the delicious dressing all over my salad.