Chapter 8

Octavia:

Octavia:

The trees around me towered over me like skyscrapers as I dashed around them, running for my life. The cold crisp air nipped at my fur but it didn't phase me. My fur was thick and warm. My paws practically melted the snow underneath them. I pushed my self to run faster. I felt a heavy pressure on me. I was scared.

"Run, Octavia." A deep voice growled out.

A small whimper slipped out of my snout as I pushed even harder and faster. This was as fast as I could go. I didn't know what I was running for. Or better yet, who I was running from.

"Octavia." He said once more. And like a flash of light he appeared in front of me. His dark greying hair was slicked back and his forest green eyes were focused on me. Dad?

I quickly halted to a stop so that I wouldn't run into him. I wanted to speak to him but I couldn't. All that came out was small whimpers and barks. I tried to shift but something was keeping me like this.

There was a long howl, not far from us. More wolves were on their way and I felt the overwhelming fear that was pushing me to run rise again. But I couldn't leave my father here alone. I desperately wanted to hug him and tell him how much I love him.

"He's come for you Octavia." Was the last thing he said before a large grayish black wolf jumped over him casting him in a shadow and away from my sight. Just as he was about to land on me I let out an ear piercing scream and closed my eyes tightly.

"Octavia."

"Octavia, it's okay. I'm here, calm down." His hands rubbed up and down my arms smoothly, sending a soft current across my skin. My head was resting on his chest, moving with the rise and fall of his breaths. His heart beat was strong and steady, it was so soothing I almost fell back into the darkness I came out from. "It was just a dream."

I lift my head off of his chest, but he sat up with me. A concerned look painted his face as his eyes scanned over me quickly. My throat felt drier than a desert, it's practically going to catch fire. I swallowed roughly hoping maybe some saliva might help but my mouth was quite dry as well.

Ajax leaned over and handed me a tall glass of water and I gladly excepted it. I drank the whole thing in two gulps, a few drops of water spilling over my lips. I barely even noticed until Ajax wiped his thumb across my chin.

I still hadn't mustered up the courage to look at him. I'll admit that I was a little scared to see what his icy blue eyes held. He had saved me from being violated for the second time, but this time was different. He was actually taking care of me and nursing me back to health. I was sat in his lap, his arm securely wrapped around me.

"Octavia," He spoke, his deep smooth voice bringing me back and away from my thoughts. I look up at him, his usual icy blue eyes were a bit darker and on the warmer side. He seemed stressed and tired, almost as if he had gotten no sleep.