Chapter-1: "Who would be taking her place?"

The sun rises from the depths of its slumber while arousing the city of Riyadh.

7:05 a.m.

"Man will not get anything unless he works hard" (Surah al-Najm, 53:39).

Noor Ahmed shuts the cover of the beloved Holy Quran before gently kissing its cover with respect.

She places Allah's book in the shelf before getting ready for work.

Her apartment, being situated on the top most floor, gives a picturesque view of the capital city. It is a very spacious, yet cozy apartment with all the amenities which a business woman requires.

She dresses up in her abaya before putting on a white blazer. After making herself a quick cup of coffee she slips on her niqab before heading off to her Nissan-X Trail.

Her parents had died in a war when she was 15 leaving her alone since then. Alhamdulillah, now, she is prosperous! Her parents left her under the protection and guidance of Allah s.w.t.

~~~

She tucks her shades into her handbag while exiting the car. The car is then taken to the valet parking area.

 A notification causes her phone to buzz in the outward pocket of her Chanel tote.  

Sinia Steves

Important Message: Resignation Letter

Noor's eye's bulge out as she receives this.

Noor reaches Amy's desk. Amy Michael is the receptionist at the head office of Cups and Cakes.

"Good Morning, Ms. Noor," She greets, on her arrival.

"Morning. Did you have any news, about Sinia leaving?"

"No, Miss. But, if I may recall, she did mention about sending her resignation letter to you. Why do you ask, Ma'am, Any problems?"

"Well yes, she didn't inform me, beforehand. The wedding in North Carolina is in a week. She was supposed to send in requests for the cake, today."

  أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم  

I seek Allah's protection/refuge/shelter from Shaitaan, the Accursed one.

"Thanks, anyways," Noor lets out a sigh, before reaching the elevator.

Her pace quickens in order to reach her desk. Sinia couldn't just leave, not, without her consent.

~~~

1078, She dials the extension to the Advertisement Department.

Samuel John, the head of the department, picks up the phone.

"Yes, Ma'am?" He responds, immediately.

"I would like you, to send in ads, about our requirements for a Secretary, which we require, pronto." She states with affirmity.

"Yes, Ma'am,"

"Put in, all that is required,"

"Anything else, Ma'am?"

"No...Thanks, Sam!" She disconnects the call, before pressing a button on the side of her desk, in order to call for the lobby assistant - Nina.

"Morning, Ma'am," She greets with a pleasant smile while doing a slight curtsy.

Dressed in her primrose pinafore, she didn't quite look like a lobby assistant.

"I would like my regular espresso with a chicken roll," Noor states, while her stomach makes an embarrassing sound.

"Sorry," She mutters, before nodding her head.

"You may leave, Nina," She mutters, as a smile replaces Nina's neutral expression.

~~~

Noor enters Sinia's room. Her scent still lingers, but, the room is bare of her belongings.

A layer of sweat had formed on the upper layer of her lips. She lifts her niqab for a while. She comfortably sits down on the chair before turning the Air Conditioner on.

Noor can see her CEO chair abandoned from the tiny window which provided a clear view, of her room.

She remembers looking at Sinia, while at work. Sinia was her best companion, who had seen her business grow. She was by her side, through thick and thin.

A pang of nostalgia hits her, as she gets up, from the chair. Sinia wasn't here. She missed her, dear friend!

She puts her niqab down, before, exiting the room.

Who would be taking her place?