Chapter-13: "Do you have all the documents, we need?"

Fahad AbdurRahman was born to Ameena AbdurRahman, out of wedlock.

Ameena wanted to marry Kasim Sultan, but, her parents, had already arranged her marriage, to Saleh AbdurRahman.

Fahad is Kasim's son. But, nobody knows, except Kasim, who has died, in a Taliban attack.

Ameena's parents feared that, their daughter would be taken by the Talibans, as a prostitute.

Could that be Ameena's sin?

~~~

Upon emigration, Fahad and Noor sit patiently, in the waiting area, while waiting for the Boarding call.

They had just eaten a Mc. Donald's burger each, while relishing every bit of it.

"Mr. AbdurRahman, Do you have all the documents, we need?"

"I do, Ma'am. The contract, our profits and stocks report and our achievements,"

"Precise," She states, while staring at the still airplanes. Their sleek body design and glaring headlights, make them look, quite intimidating.

~~~

Locating the seats, 26 J and 27 J, Fahad and Noor, store their baggage, in the overhead lockers, after which, they get comfortable, in their respective seats.

~~~

A shimmer of cold, purple hues, greets them, as they exit, from the Los Angeles International Airport, after claiming their baggage. Noor's phone rings, just 2 minutes, after, switching it on.

She picks up the call, from an unknown- +213 number.

"Hello?"

"Morning, Ma'am. I am Parker D'Gozz, from the Carter Enterprises. I have come to pick, you and your assistant up, in order to take you, to the Avalon Hotel, where you will stay, for the next few days, of your visit."

She hums, in response.

"Very well, then." He hangs up.

Just on toe, a white SUV rolls up to them.

"Morning," He greets them, while getting off, to collect their luggage.

After settling down, they drive, down the well-manicured lanes of Las Vegas, as dawn arrives, filling the sky, with its magnificent touches.

~~~

After checking into the hotel, they get into, their respective rooms, which are situated, opposite, each other.

Noor is excited, as the smell of the lavish room, delights her. Her dad would never take her out. He thought that, it would be a waste of time and energy; to spend on a girl!

She unties her niqab, while letting out a sigh. Being a niqabi, is hard work!

Noor's room, being situated, on the 8th floor has its perks. One being, she could sit, without her hijab, without anybody looking.

After taking a long, lavishing shower, she lets the wind, toy with the soft stole, which is draped over her head. She sips coffee, while reminiscing her old days.

"You can do this, Right?" Najamat, her neighbor had questioned, as she had just placed the last of her cupcakes, into the glass display, of her Confectionery. She was just 20, then.

Customers had been storming into the entrance, by the end of the day, which had made, two, happy tears, slip by.

~~~

Fahad lies down, on the bed, while thinking about his job. Or precisely, about Ms. Noor!

She carried herself, with grace and elegance, which enthralled him. She is an enigma; he had come to that conclusion, when, he noticed, that, she talked, unless and until, required.

~~~

The sun sets, gradually, as Noor and Fahad, walk to the golf course, to try their hand, at golf.

Golf is an easy game, Right?

They couldn't tell, as they are given, a golf club, each.