Chapter-16: "...the sour taste, should be a little less."

Wait, that sounds wrong!

Fahad immediately re-frames the question, "I mean, do you like, me, being your employee?"

"I do. Why do you ask?"

"Nah, just a thought," He dismisses the topic, almost instantly.

~~~

Noor pulls on her gloves, before walking towards the Experiment Room, of the factories, with Fahad on toe.

The smell of cakes, cupcakes, and other delicacies, in there, greet them, on arrival.

They walk towards the back of the room, where a sample of the final product, lay in peace, which had to be launched, by the end of this month, as a New Year present, for their consumers.

Chad Brown, the Factory Manager, lifts the lid, off of the product.

It looks award-winning; from its freshly baked structure, to its creamy top; everything narrates, overly satisfied. But, the appearance, didn't matter, the taste did.

She spoons out a bit of the cake, before handing another spoonful, to Fahad.

"It's great," She exclaims, "but, the sour taste, should be a little less."

"Ok, Ma'am." Chad exclaims, before, writing it down, in order to give this piece of information, to Jane Rodgers, their Connoisseur.

~~~

Night had already befallen, in the city of Riyadh, as Noor resigns, for the night.

She puts on, some stripped, Pussy cat, printed sweats, while preparing for bed. She is going to sleep peacefully, today.

The bell rings, unexpectedly.

She puts on, her abaya, before haphazardly tying the scarf, around her head. She puts on, her niqab.

She peers into the eye-hole. She takes a look, at herself, in the mirror, before unlocking the door.

Dressed in an Adidas hoodie-sweatshirt, and sweatpants, Fahad stands at the door, with a laptop bag, in his hand.

"Sorry, Ma'am. I called; to inform you, about the presentation, which was to be made, for tomorrow's meeting. Some changes had to be made."

"Yeah, sure. Come in..." She sighs.

There goes her sleep!

~~~

"You can edit this line. Umm, It could be...." She looks at him, as he looks at her.

Not again! She couldn't do a staring contest, today, even when, she wanted to.

"Ok," He hums, in response, while directing his attention, towards the screen.

She is a mystery to him. Those eyes say a story, of their own.