Chapter-26: "You are forgiven, Ummi Fahad,"

Noor adjusts her scarf, while sipping on a cup of Ghawa, which she had made herself, for her guest.

Ameena Aunty sits opposite her, while not uttering a word.

What was it, she had come for? The purpose is quite unknown, until, she decides to break the silence.

"I really like you. And, when I asked Fahad, about, how he felt about you; he had all praises. You didn't get angry with me, even after I insulted you. You are nice to me, an old woman; which is an important characteristic, in my ideal daughter-in-law."

Noor stares at Ameena, as, everything dawns on her. He wasn't going to marry Danice. He was going to marry her!

Ya Rabbi! She takes a deep breath in.

"I really appreciate the fact, that, you talked to me. I will think about it, In sha Allah,"

"In sha Allah," Ameena wipes her mouth, with a tissue paper, before getting up to leave.

Ameena lays a gentle kiss on Noor's forehead, while muttering, "You are beautiful, Ma sha Allah...I'm sorry,"

"You are forgiven, Ummi Fahad,"

Noor had already forgiven her, long ago. She wasn't one, who held onto grudges.

Ameena then, bids farewell.

~~~

Next day, at work, Noor tries to avoid her Secretary, after the dreams she had, the night before.

Fahad hadn't mentioned anything about it. But, she was to think about his proposal.

After working with him, for about 7 months, she could say, that he was different, unlike the men, she usually saw, who found pleasure in ogling at women.

Even her male colleagues were quite different. Sahil, for example, is like her brother; she couldn't marry him. But, with Fahad, she is totally a different person. Why? She didn't know.

She couldn't talk to anyone, about this; she misses her Ummi! But, now that she had nobody to consult, she would certainly rely upon Allah's decision.

What if this is a trick of his, to increase his pay?

Is this a trick of his, to get a higher position?

Some very negative questions race through her mind. What if?

After praying Salat-ul-Istikhara, her heart and mind calm down, a little.

~~~

Fahad had been hyperventilating, all morning, for some odd reason. When he had seen Noor, in the morning, he could tell that, she was avoiding him.

Had he done something wrong?

~~~

She decides to ignore him, until she is completely sure.

But, ignoring wasn't quite possible, because, every time she looked up, from her desk, towards the window before her, she could already see him staring at her.

She could immediately feel her face heat up.

~~~

It had already been a day or two, since, she hadn't talked to him. Every time she had some work for him, she would tell Nina to deliver the message.

Nina knew something was wrong, yet, she didn't question.

But today, as she clears some papers, from her desk, she notices a pale colored envelop, amongst the stack of miscellaneous sheets.

She picks it up.

To: Noor

From: Fahad

Her eyes, immediately flint towards the empty chair, on the other side of the glass window.