Chapter-21: "I don't want her to be a hindrance, in your work-process."

"I forgive you," Noor states, after through deliberation.

The cold breeze interrupts the silence while giving its own confirmation, in Fahad's ear.

~~~

Noor grabs the files, which Fahad had filled out, before stacking them neatly, in the glass shelf.

Her phone rings, from the table. She picks it up.

"The carpenter is here, Ma'am," Hassan, their Security Guard speaks, "for the table, you wanted, in the lobby."

"I'll be down, in a minute," She replies.

She calls Fahad. "The carpenter guy has arrived. Bring the list of measurements; we made, yesterday, for a coffee table,"

"Yes, Ma'am,"

~~~

"Sir, Your mother is at the entrance," Hassan says, as Fahad picks up the call.

"Ammi?"

"Yes, Sir,"

"I'll come down, to get her." He runs a tired hand, through his hair, before taking the elevator to the lobby.

~~~

"Ammi, What are you doing, here?" Fahad questions his mother, while making her sit, on a wheelchair.

He tucks her walking stick, into the side, before wheeling it around.

"How did you get, here?"

"The number of a Taxi person was on speed dial. I called him up, asking for your office. He said, 'Madam, You want to go to a bakery?' I said, 'No, I want to go to my son's office' He very well understood, after that, I think, because, he brought me here,"

Fahad chuckles at his mom's tale.

~~~

"This is so big," Ameena exclaims, as Fahad wheel's her, from one floor to another.

They halt, near Fahad's room. He gently pushes the door open.

"Ma sha Allah," Ameena exclaims, with gratitude, while taking in the contents of the spacious beige colored room.

A knock is heard on the door.

"Come in," Fahad calls out.

"Mr. AbdurRahman, I want you to sort these letters out," Noor looks up, from a bundle of letters.

"Oh, Asalamualikum," She greets Ameena, politely, while looking at Fahad, as if asking him, 'What is your mother doing, here, during non-permitted hours?'

He quickly understands, and answers, "She wanted to visit me, Ma'am,"

She was surprised, that, he had understood, what she had conveyed, with her eyes.

She had heard that the eyes speak their own language, which, only the eyes can understand. But, this happens, only to those people, whose hearts are connected, right?

"Alright, but, I don't want her to be a hindrance, in your work-process."

"Yes, Ma'am,"

"Noor," Ameena decides to stand up, while curling her hand, around Fahad's arm.

"I want to invite you for dinner, tomorrow,"

"Sorry, Mrs. AbdurRahman, but, I can't accept invitations,"

"Please?" She insists.

"Alright," She gives in.

She looks over at Fahad, who had a soft smile, playing against his lips.

She sighs. He has been messing with her heart, ever since, he had been hired.