Chapter-38: "...you went to see another girl!"

Noor had been delayed, because of the stubborn Sudan management. They wouldn't let Amir get a visa. However, after being given a hefty sum, they finally agree.

~~~

Fahad had survived. He had successfully escaped Shahista's house, alive, but, deaf.

He sits on his bed, with the Quran, in his hand.

Verily, with every hardship comes ease. {Quran 94:6}

The doorbell rings, then. He gets up to open the door.

His happiness knew no bounds, as he sees Noor on the door step, safe and sound.

"Aslamua-" He stops short, at the sight of an unknown man, behind her.

"Walaikumasalam. This is my brother – Amir," Fahad breaths out and shakes Amir's hand.

"Come inside," He gestures them, inside.

~~~

After telling him her tale, Noor sips on a glass of water, given to her by Shahina.

"I am happy, that you are here, safe and sound," Fahad voices his pleasure.

"I am sorry," She apologizes.

"It's ok,"

"Why aren't you at the office?" Noor questions, in order to fill in the silence.

"Well...I missed you,"

"Where is Ammi?" She questions, as her face heats up.

"Asleep," Fahad answers.

"Right here," Ameena answers, from behind Fahad. "Well...finally, you have decided to show up, hmm?"

"I have explained everything to Fahad. Have a seat...I'll tell you the tale, again..."

"Oh no... thank you. I think you should leave,"

"Wait... Ammi. She has come to explain," Fahad intervenes.

"I don't need explanations. Besides, Noori baji wants you to get married to Shahista. She said that you and Shahista bonded really well,"

"No, please..."

"Fahad...in my absence...you went to see another girl!"

"I-"

"I told you, that, I will be coming back," Noor exclaims. "Thank you, Mr. AbdurRahman. Thank you. You have great acting skills!"

"But, Noor, let me explain..."

"Come and get your dismissal letter, on Monday." She grabs Amir's hand and leaves.

~~~

Noor stares at her engagement ring, as tears flow, tirelessly.

She had just tucked Amir into bed, while repeatedly assuring him, that, she is fine. But, she isn't fine.

She shouldn't have let her employee break her walls. She shouldn't have!

An employee would always remain an employee!

~~~

The doorbell rings. This time, Ameena answers the door.

She stares at the person, on the door, in disbelief. The stick which supports her movement falls from her grasp.

She hugs him, tight. Tears drench his pale - colored khameez.

"Ammi, what happened?" Fahad comes out of his room.

Ameena loosens her grip, around him; her face becomes as white, as a sheet.