Chapter-3: "How long will we wait?"

"We will send a conformation e-mail to you, if you are hired."

"Yes, Ma'am!"

He leaves.

Noor quickly gets off the chair, before heading towards the washroom.

Inside, she unties her niqab. Her glossy black eyes stare back at her during this process. A crease has formed on the top of her nose. She washes her honey colored skin with a foamy face wash.

She wipes her face with facial tissues, before untying her hair from the fierce messy bun that she had tied in the morning. A mass of brown curls tumbles down.

She re-underlines her eyes with kohl.

Ibn 'Abbaas r.a. says:

"Prophet s.a.w said: 'Use kohl made of ithmid on the eye; it brightens the eyesight, and strengthens and increases the growth of the eye lashes'."

She re-ties her hijab before knotting on her niqab.

~~~

"Call the next person, Sahil. How long will we wait?"

"He is the last interviewee, Ma'am. He will be here any moment now." He taps his feet, while staring at his wrist watch.

"Sorry, I'm late..."A disheveled man, enters.

He has on a white shirt with black trousers and a black necktie. Noor averts her gaze before Shaytan intervenes.

"Have a seat," Sahil invites, while gesturing towards the chair.

"Yes, Sir. Please, have a seat." Noor states in a bored voice.

He sits down, while still panting.

Why am I wasting my time?, She wonders to herself.

"So...Fahad AbdurRahman?" She reads out, from the resume, "Why do you want to be our employee?"

"I...want...to...be...your employee...because...." He starts, while panting.

"I think you should...." Get out.

"Have a glass of water, Fahad." Sahil states, while handing him, a glass of water.

Why is my ASSISTANT MANAGER assisting this person who is sitting in front of me?

He gulps down, the glass of water.

"Sorry, Miss. So as I was saying..."

~~~

"What if, Allah forbid, something happens to the company, resulting in its downfall? What would you do?"

"First of all, nothing will happen to your company, In sha Allah. Since, it is headed by you, Ma'am." A smile overpowers her frown although it is not seen.

"But, if something ever happens, I will support the company, by putting in, all my abilities and efforts. Also, I will always be by your side."

Noor arches an eyebrow.

"Uhh...I mean, I will always stay by the company's side." He fiddles with his fingers, in embarrassment.

"Ok. For instance, What if, a cake design made by you, is disliked by one of our clients, what would you do?" She had previously asked this question, to another interviewee.

"Ma'am, I wouldn't make a cake's design, without knowing, our client's requirements. But, by chance, if such a situation occurs, I would redo, all the efforts I had put in."

"But, redoing would cost a lot of resources, Right?" He nods his head, in approval. "So...What would you do, then?"

"I would make the best use, of the resources available."

After a series of few more questions, Noor concludes the last interview, of the day.

"You will receive an e-mail, if you are hired!" Noor states this well-versed statement for the umpteenth time.