Chapter-23: "...send her a marriage proposal,"

An Author's Note.

This is my last update, before I go for Umrah(pilgrimage), tomorrow. Updates will return, after I return on 1st July, In sha Allah.

For those of you, who read the previous Author's note, which I posted yesterday; My internet is finally working. 

=)

I hope you all, like this chapter.

~~~

"So...You can send her a marriage proposal," Shahina elaborates.

"No. Besides, how do you know that she is not married?"

"She didn't have a ring on,"

"Not all married woman wear a ring,"

Shahina grabs Ameena's hand, trying to prove her point.

"See, you have your ring on,"

Ameena had two rings on, one of her left-ring finger, which Kasim had given her, while another one, on her right, which Saleh had given her.

Kasim's ring was a promise, while Saleh's ring was a formality.

She slides the topic aside, "Fahad may not like it. She is her boss, no?"

"Did you see how Fahad was looking at her?"

"I did. It was a plain and simple gaze,"

"Ah, Baji, you don't realize...there was love in it,"

"You sound like Rumi. Stop reading his work. It is influencing you,"

She huffs, in annoyance.

Ameena is trying her best, to deviate from the topic. She didn't want her beloved son, to get married to someone, who was from outside their community, outside their color...

"You don't understand," Ameena finally sighs.

"You could explain,"

So, Ameena tells her the story, of why she didn't like dark-skinned people while making Kasim, her brother, in this tale.

~~~

"Fahad,"

"Hmm?"

"Fahad?" Sahil questions, while turning around to look at, what Fahad is looking.

A sly grin crawls onto his face, as he sees Fahad looking at Noor, while she is playing with Jennie's daughter-Imia.

"Fahad," This time, Sahil nudges his side, with his elbow.

"Oww, what?" He questions while composing himself, as he sees Noor look at him, for a split second.

Noor hands Imia to her mother, before heading towards the children present in her staff.

"I told both of you, to wait in my room. Why are you here?"

"You took a lot of time. Besides, Fahad insisted," Sahil states, while quickly adding, "I know why..."

"Sahil, don't you know, that you are not allowed to physically harm your colleague?"

"I-It was just a nudge in the side,"

"I don't my Secretary to be injured, unnecessarily. I need him, by my side," saying this, She strides off towards the almost closing elevator, leaving the two behind.

~~~

"Baji, times have changed. Not every dark-skinned person is bad,"

"How can you say so?"

"Take my husband for example. He was a sweetheart..."

"He left you, for another woman," Ameena justifies her point.

"I-Ok, take any other example, Baji. My point is that, not all dark-skinned people are bad. Noor came and gave you flowers, yet, you were the one, who never accepted them, making you the bad person. For her, maybe, all light-skinned people are bad,"

She ponders over her statement.

~~~

"Our stocks have risen by 8%, since the release of Nouveau Dort."

"Alhamdulillah," Her employees mutter, in unison.

~~~

"So, what do you want me to do?" Ameena questions, after through deliberation.

"Talk to Fahad,"

"In sha Allah,"

The CEO and her Employee | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें