Chapter-2: "...you may leave,"

Noor is quite exhausted. A number of candidates walk in and out of the dimly lit room. 

Even after scouring through the amount of people who had walked in, she couldn't find 'the one'.

The qualities she needs in her secretary are, her secretary must be able to design cakes, must be on time. Respect is essential! He/She must have the right manners.

"If, for instance, you were to design a cake, which wasn't liked by our client, what would you do?"

"Umm....Ma'am, I-I" The girl, who is 21 (her CV, says so!) rambles, uncomfortably. She scrunches her skirt and flashes a nervous smile towards Noor.

"Sorry, Diana. You may leave." Noor had rejected, plenty of young and deserving girls, since the morning.

She couldn't find anyone, worthy of Sinia's position. Her secretary had to be perfect of all sorts.

~~~

"Why are you here, today, Ms. Navleen?"

"I am here, to give an interview, Ma'am!" She states, with confidence.

"Would you perhaps, do me a favor of spitting out that chewing gum, you are chewing?"

"Umm...I-" Her eyes widen to the size of saucers.

"Please leave, Ms. Navleen. Thank you for coming!"

Sahil Ameen, the assistant manager of Cups and Cakes, stands on the side while nodding his head, in dismay. He must be wondering: 'How did I get my job?'

"Are we done, Sahil? Noor looks at Sahil's disheveled shape. "Sahil, I think you need a break. Grab yourself a snack. We'll continue, later!" She states, with a chuckle.

"Yes, Ma'am!" He states, before leaving with a bow.

~~~

Noor gulps down a glass of water, before calling the next interviewee, in.

She looks at the resume, with a scrutinizing gaze. She now looks at the interviewee.

Prim and Proper.

Well dressed.

Keeps a good distance.

No signs of nervousness.

Kind smile.

He could be the one. Eric Williams.