Chapter-10: "Hold your horses, Mr. AbdurRahman"

The sun rises, from above the horizon, enlightening Riyadh, with peace and tranquility. Yet, in Noor's household, it is a different scenario, all together. Her clothes are strewn, in every inch and corner of her room.

A little too much perfume had gotten on her blouse, giving it, an intoxicating, haram scent.

Finally, through the swarm of clothes, she navigates a decent pair of clothing.

She quickly irons it, before putting it on.

Her cereal bowl remains, untouched, as she hurriedly, exits her penthouse.

~~~

Office has begun in full swing, as she quickly exits her vehicle, while handing her car keys, to the valet service.

Mr. AbdurRahman sits in his room, she notices, while nonchalantly shifting a file, or two.

He smiles, as their eyes meet.

Hurried footsteps approach her door, before a cautious rap of the knuckles, is heard.

"Come in," Noor calls out, as Fahad enters.

"I thought, Ma'am, that you were not coming today! I thought, that, maybe..."

"Asalamualikum, to you too. Hold your horses, Mr. AbdurRahman. I will inform you, a day prior to my leave."

He grins sheepishly, before exiting.

~~~

Noor sips on a cup of black tea, while scrawling something on a piece of paper, in cursive.

She picks up, the ends of her frilly dress, before exiting her room.

She walks into the elevator, before pressing the button, for the 5th floor.

Her building consists of 6 floors, of which:

The ground floor consists of the Reception, the Cafeteria, and an Entertainment room.

The first and the second floors consist of the valet parking.

The third floor consists of the Advertising Department, which is headed by Samuel John.

The fourth floor consists of the Food department, which consists of Jane Rodgers, the food expert, Alina Lemark, the ingredient expert and Camilla Spencer, the nutritionist.

The fifth floor consists of the Design department, which is headed by Mark Zucchini.

Now, you might be wondering, why did Noor not give Cynus Leasburg's cake's design, to the Design department? Their design department is working on the design of their new flavor, which is a combination, of all the tastes, on our taste buds.

It not weird!

Their secretary is, Alhamdulillah, equipped with the artistic intellect, making Cynus's cake design, come out to be enticing.

The sixth floor consists of Noor's cabin and her secretary's.

"Jennie," Noor calls out, while being shocked by the arrival of her most enthusiastic employee.

"Yes, I'm here, in all flesh!" She grins, while giving Noor, a warm hug.

"You haven't lost that pregnancy fat, of yours'..."

"Nope," She smiles, sheepishly, while tapping her stomach.

"How is baby, Imia?"

~~~

On her way back, she pays a visit, to Fahad's cabin.

"Mr. AbdurRahman?"

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"I have sent a link, on your email. The first link consists of a Dropbox file - my schedule, and the other link, will redirect you, to our office app- Cups and Cakes Inc."

"Yes, Ma'am. Anything else?"

"Not at the moment, Thank you," She leaves.

~~~

"Ma'am, here it says, Please enter your password. What do I do?"

"It is a universal passcode, for all of our employees. The passcode is: ourceoisawesome." She spells it out.

"Our CEO is awesome? Huh?"

"I don't go by subjective opinions, Mister. Should I sign your transfer certificate?" She states, while failing to act stern.

"No, thanks, Ma'am," He anxiously, disconnects the phone, with an elongated beep.

She looks up, while catching his anxious look, through the window.

She grins, to herself.

Mr. Employee, you are in for a treat!